SpaceX Crew Falcon Launch

@rick81721 , you could have probably watched it from your house in Florida while eating some red snapper. I used to see the Space Shuttle taking off all the time from my office in New Port Richey, the first time I was in complete amazement, then it was meh...

@rick81721 , you could have probably watched it from your house in Florida while eating some red snapper. I used to see the Space Shuttle taking off all the time from my office in New Port Richey, the first time I was in complete amazement, then it was meh...

postponed until Saturday- booo!

I need a news source for out of the loop people like me. I had to delve into why we're having riots the other day. Turns out, not Covid related.

What's going on with these astronauts?

1) Are they NASA astronauts or private? I see that it says NASA on their uniforms.
2) Where are they going/doing?
3) This is a totally private space flight right? Is NASA involved outside of cutting checks to SpaceX?
4) Is there a benefit to the new space suits? I was reading a little bit somewhere about how they re-did them, but no idea if they cost less, function better or just look cooler.

Is there a benefit to the new space suits? I was reading a little bit somewhere about how they re-did them, but no idea if they cost less, function better or just look cooler.

Any more info on Capsule Ground Crew uniforms. They have these square leather helmets. The whole new space uniforms look like a James Bond Villain Crew.

Maybe that is just the new Space Force look?

I need a news source for out of the loop people like me. I had to delve into why we're having riots the other day. Turns out, not Covid related.

What's going on with these astronauts?

1) Are they NASA astronauts or private? I see that it says NASA on their uniforms.
2) Where are they going/doing?
3) This is a totally private space flight right? Is NASA involved outside of cutting checks to SpaceX?
4) Is there a benefit to the new space suits? I was reading a little bit somewhere about how they re-did them, but no idea if they cost less, function better or just look cooler.

nasa astronauts - one guy was air force, the other marine. going to ISS. don't know if private flight. new suits looked good but the footwear looked like cheap rubber fishing boots.

Basically Space X is a private vector that will be used from now on by NASA to move astronauts between the US and the ISS. Putin will have to cope it. Officially, they went to the private sector because it’s supposed to be cheaper and more efficient. I suspect that like for every other business it will end up being more expensive than it could have been if they had just streamlined their processes, with the lower cost of technology offsetting the higher overheads (double management, NASA + SpaceX). Not sure if technologically there has been any major breakthrough (yes, the 1st stage lands itself back to hearth) other than the fancy control electronics (which actually should make things cheaper), are they still using the same type of engines, fuels etc.?

It’s cool that we’re launching our own astronauts into space, but overall kind of sad that we threw in the towel on real innovation after the last space shuttle disaster. We used to be the leaders and innovators, now we have to sub out to the private sector for old tech like launching a rocket? Technologically there hasn’t been a real break through since the shuttle program, rockets still go up the same way. The first stage landing is cool and a good way to save money, but that technology has been around since the Delta Clipper program in the 90’s. The real holly grail is single stage launch into orbit and return in the same vehicle. Guess we need to figure out how to harness one of Bob Lazar’s anti-gravity motors for that.

I was pretty intrigued when someone on a Zoom call yesterday was talking about SpaceSex.
Apparently that's something else though.

congratulations-to-the-astronauts-that-left-earth-today-good-choice-tweet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom