Sourland Mountain Trail Directory

I'm definitely a little lacking on the technology side, but just to give everyone a heads-up, I am now the Sourlands admin on Trailforks and trails are finally being added as I type this (thanks @skiphreaknj whoever that is!). I am just confirming everything from him right now but will hopefully be able to edit later because some names/difficulties are a little off to me. Bear with me because i am still leaning. Once i get all the trails sorted out, maybe @Patrick could set up the trail condition widget for us here. I'll keep everyone posted.
that's @Robin

I'm definitely a little lacking on the technology side, but just to give everyone a heads-up, I am now the Sourlands admin on Trailforks and trails are finally being added as I type this (thanks @skiphreaknj whoever that is!). I am just confirming everything from her right now but will hopefully be able to edit later because some names/difficulties are a little off to me. Bear with me because i am still leaning. Once i get all the trails sorted out, maybe @Patrick could set up the trail condition widget for us here. I'll keep everyone posted.

Yes, that's me.

I don't know the names except Chunky Monkey. But just having "trails" on a map helps. I always get disoriented the few times I ride there.

Yes, that's me.

I don't know the names except Chunky Monkey. But just having "trails" on a map helps. I always get disoriented the few times I ride there.
Sweet! Thanks @Robin. I sincerely apologize for assuming you were "him". I am an ass and you are one badass lady.

I'm definitely a little lacking on the technology side, but just to give everyone a heads-up, I am now the Sourlands admin on Trailforks and trails are finally being added as I type this (thanks @skiphreaknj whoever that is!). I am just confirming everything from him right now but will hopefully be able to edit later because some names/difficulties are a little off to me. Bear with me because i am still leaning. Once i get all the trails sorted out, maybe @Patrick could set up the trail condition widget for us here. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sure!!

and Thanks @Robin !

They are also re-blazing the trails - so i'd think an official map would come out soon.

Last edited:
Alright folks, all trails are in Trailforks edited to my liking: https://www.trailforks.com/region/sourland-mountain-preserve-14429/
If you have any issues with anything, like my names or difficulty levels, please email me and we can discuss. Maybe the OG @J-Dro can weigh in. Also interested to hear what the locals @snashters, @clarkenstein, @Patrick and @jklett think.
Awesome job, looks like you got everything. Even if some things are a little bit off, it's 1000% better than what was there. I'll load trailforks back in and see what's what next time I'm up there. Thanks!

Looks good!
Might add the upper parking lot, and complete the pipeline going through that lake!
(we should drain the swamp)

Last edited:
Hmm, curious how to edit the total mileage of these parks. @Patrick or @Bleeder do you guys have any idea how to do that?

wonder if that is a batch update at some point ?
I don't see anything on the admin page.
Trail count and elevation is wrong also.

I got it.

Edit/Add > Edit Region

Then at the bottom, there's a link to recalculate region stats:

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 10.17.34 AM.png

Updated TrailForks last night. This is the best way to navigate Sourlands. The Parks Commission just re-marked all the trails and have not taken down the old markers yet so it's a bit confusing. Also, no ETA on their new official park map so again, use TrailForks.

Updated TrailForks last night. This is the best way to navigate Sourlands. The Parks Commission just re-marked all the trails and have not taken down the old markers yet so it's a bit confusing. Also, no ETA on their new official park map so again, use TrailForks.
Finally made it there last Sunday after about 3 years. Trailforks was super helpful in navigating, though i still messed up and took the connector off of boulderama. Thanks for your work on trailforks. Hoping to make it there this Sunday again.

Finally made it there last Sunday after about 3 years. Trailforks was super helpful in navigating, though i still messed up and took the connector off of boulderama. Thanks for your work on trailforks. Hoping to make it there this Sunday again.
Yeah, every trail there is rideable in both directions if you've got the skills...except for maybe THAT one. I've thought of trying to descend it sometime though when i'm feeling brave.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions