Some 90’s bike, Anyone?

TheGerd

I am wondering If there may be any interest in some older bikes. Not looking for much, but would like a little for them.

92056FBE-DA58-4CA5-8BB9-D82E8963D0D1.png
This is a mid-90’s Jamis Diablo LE, chrome-moly frame 17” XT except front hub is LX. Raceface BB, Kooka chainrings, Thompson seatpost. Judy fork, I’m sure needs some lovin’. Clocks in around 24lbs. Syncros cranks XT V-brakes. I know all this stuff is dated, hoping someone may be a bit nostalgia for this era. 😄. I honestly think it’s worth $150.00, am I way off on this?

DB5DEB56-7D07-420E-BF48-40CC0339CF33.jpeg
Next for your consideration is a late 90’s Cannondale R800 cad 3 full 105. It’s a 56cm. $200.00 seems ok to me, but I really have no clue.

Anyway, some input as to if there may be a market for these or is that a pipe dream, The Cannondale I‘ve been riding so it is in road worthy condition, the Jamis has sat for awhile. Thanks for looking.

@Fire Lord Jim has been accused of collecting vintage bikes, though these might be on the small side for him.

Incidentally, too big for me. Bikeforums has a robust C+V section, though you do need to pay for membership to post for sales.

I’m glad the Cdale is one size too small
For me or I would be explaining at home why that bike is in my basement on the trainer.

I'm interested in the road bike. I'm 5'9". Is this too big for me? I don't know anything about road sizes

I'm interested in the road bike. I'm 5'9". Is this too big for me? I don't know anything about road sizes
It might be a touch big, I’m 5’11”. You may want to check a sizing chart though. The bikes are in the Woodbridge area too, I forgot to mention that.

Looking at the quill stem and crazy setback on the seatpost, there is probably room to work with.

a straight seatpost and quill-to-threadless adapter would provide options.
Swap for correctly sized, modern drop bars too -

prices seem in-range if the post/pedals/stem are not frozen in place, and the shifting works.

good luck to both -

It might be a touch big, I’m 5’11”. You may want to check a sizing chart though. The bikes are in the Woodbridge area too, I forgot to mention that.
thanks, I did a little research and i think its too big for me. Good luck

Whoever buys the C-dale, I have a set of replacement ferrules for the spoke nipples in the rim if you ever break one. Looks too clean for that to be an issue, though.

The Jamis has been sold. The Cannondale is still up for sale. If the 90’s aren’t your thing and you’re more of a big 80’s person, I do have a Schwinn Traveler too. 7ED14E99-F3C2-42A5-9CE2-C6F142D78644.jpeg

The Jamis and the Cannondale have new homes, got them both sold. The big 80’s Schwinn Traveler is still around.

Back
Top Bottom