Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, how'd it go?

From the Mahlon conditions thread:
Major ass kicking today! The Cascade side was fully snow covered. It must have softened then refrozen as it was hard crust over loose....very slow going. I eventually bailed at the ball field lot and went across the street. It was getting softer pretty fast. By the time I was on the yellow just before stonegate it was kinda fun.
Hard to say...ride later when it's softer and maybe muck it up, or earlier which is really tough. I backtracked once and following my own trail was pretty smooth, so maybe a squadron of fatbikes would be the ticket to pack it down.
As Woody said, there's a big blow down at the base of the Wall.

Basically it was tough and I wanted to leave (no snow around here, tourne or wildcat woulda been fine) but it got better and I enjoyed it. I discovered crashing in the snow is much more fun than...crashing in not snow. It was "whups" "poof"..."giggle".:D
Windham was probably the right move.
Thanks for asking!;)

Rode in the Forbidden Forest today. There was a mountain and it was not north. . .
It was a tough go, even with the Fat Bike. There were about 10" of powdery snow. I was able to go about 100 yards at a time before spinning out. Wound up finding some XC ski tracks that made it a little more palatable.
71825_526891597355139_1217355413_n.jpg
I know every inch of that place, lived in MTSD for 30 years. Still
show up there once in a while...

Back
Top Bottom