Snow Day Thread#1: Is Google not Available to Everyone?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Why there are many valuable opinions available on mtbnj for things like tire selection, component preference, home remodeling problems., etc, we often see questions that seem easy to get the answer from google. Since we don't really know what people have access to, I have often wondered: Is Google not available to everyone? Like do some people not have access to it?

Like, What pedals to peloton bikes take?
Where can get my suspension parts?
Do anyone know where to buy a Maxxis Minion DHRii?

Google has these answers, yes people take more time to post it here.

tenor.gif

My favorite is the 50 people a day that ask about Tubeless Tires in the Fat Bike group on FB. I'm pretty sure out of 1,000 posts, 999 of them involve a Tubeless Tire question. Literally above and below that post is 2,000 person comment section explaining anything and everything about tubeless tires including the regions on earth the best rubber trees are located and which color Gorilla Tape best matches your Walmart Fat Bike. Which turns out isn't Tubeless after all.

BTW - if i was go outside at some point today, and perhaps ride my tubeless fat bike that does not have any tape,
I would need to know if my sleestak gloves were the right choice.
Only 1 person gunna help wit dat.

tenor.gif

You forget that asking people who care about MTBing puts a filter on responses you can't get on Google. For example, I created a thread on MTBNJ asking which turntable to get because I knew responses would be filtered by the at-this-price-point-I-might-as-well-get-X-for-my-MTB algorithm.

You forget that asking people who care about MTBing puts a filter on responses you can't get on Google. For example, I created a thread on MTBNJ asking which turntable to get because I knew responses would be filtered by the at-this-price-point-I-might-as-well-get-X-for-my-MTB algorithm.

I'd add that whenever I type anything into Google, what I typed hardly ever comes up, it's all just ads for whatever word they picked from my conversations throughout the day. You really have to dig to get an actual answer.

Like, What pedals to peloton bikes take? - That's purely a flex on buying a Peloton. @MadisonDan
Where can get my suspension parts? - That could be either a google question, or a realistic question when it's not easy to figure out. Like buying a new linkage arm for a frame.
Do anyone know where to buy a Maxxis Minion DHRii? Google.com/Shopping should answer this very well, unless there's some crazy shortage (valid) and you want to find out where people had success, or if people know a store locally that stocks them. Don't buy them from wherever @JimN gets his Minions from however.

Google has these answers, yes people take more time to post it here. Still better topics than what Max has?

Back
Top Bottom