Skylands is CLOSED!!!!!!!

I rode it last weekend. Seems some trail maintenance has been done and the one illegal drop I saw has been taken apart a bit. The other two that are not on Skylands are intact. Other than that, there is nothing doing on the trail.

We have communication with the park and we are hoping it should be re-opened shortly after a park inspection. We'll keep you posted.

The irony is I spoke with a park official who reiterated to me it was the pipeline causing the issues. A former colleague of mine and a good friend is one of the mangers for the pipeline company who said that the pipeline finish up work wasn't the reason and the park was using the pipeline as a scape goat for the illegal builds.

Yes, pipeline is looking great, road up, grass planted and all. They are out by Oct 1, and it is looking like they may meet that requirement. Art will be up there this week checking crossings. We may need to mark a few, but I think most people can figure out where the trail goes.

Thanks for the update! Pipeline was looking nice and cleared out over on Blueberry and the Race Course. Came up to the skylands trail and couldn't find the trail closure sign anywhere. Was running a bit short on time so we kept continuing down the race trail.

tumblr_kvdjb3itvs1qz6f9yo1_500.gif

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions