Sirius XM chatter

Quick question here, for the last week or so my smart speaker wont play Sirius, it works fine in the car and on the app/phone so I know it has nothing to do with my account.
Any clues as to what might be going on and how I can fix it?.

They put out a new version of the app and changed some of the underlying tech.
See if there is an update.

They also required new passwords for some. Maybe credentials?

App works fine, its the smart speaker that isn't playing.
It also doesn't seem to be the credentials, as the speaker will say "playing spectrum on SiriusXM" but then nothing comes on, just silence.

App works fine, its the smart speaker that isn't playing.
It also doesn't seem to be the credentials, as the speaker will say "playing spectrum on SiriusXM" but then nothing comes on, just silence.

Which speaker?

I'm not sure that there is a way to update the firmware manually, it looks like JBL pushes it over the air automatically.

Had cancelled beginning of January, the wife is pissed, so need to re-up the cars now instead of later....What are the best deals/codes going right now? Don't need the streaming (although it seems to come with every plan regardless), need to update the cars and the boom box radio (yeah, that one is OLD!)...

Still have not been able to resolve the issue with the google speaker...
Kind of a bummer since I listen to Sirius more on that then either the car or the app.

Still have not been able to resolve the issue with the google speaker...
Kind of a bummer since I listen to Sirius more on that then either the car or the app.

Gotta be a factory reset and bring it back from a.clean slate?

@Patrick have you heard anything about the new app?

My god is it TERRIBLE. Has anyone mentioned fixing some of the issues with it? No ability to rewind (old app had 15 sec intervals), can't see show segments and pick on them, if you are listening to a show from say the day before....if you pause it...come back later it just restarts from the beginning rather than picking up where you left off.

I just checked the reddit.
wow, seems like they didn't ask what people liked/didn't like.

If you check the news feed, you'll see they brought in a bunch of disney execs who "knew what they were doing"

i could see the web interface being a problem, cause they can't control how you handle cookies and what happens when the tab is closed.
The app is a totally different animal.

we are about a month into it. i only listen to music, and mostly though carplay, so it hasn't changed.

i didn't know they inserted commercials in anything other than the free tier - which was a legacy pandora thing.

I agree. Use the app on my phone when exercising in the garage. Desktop using the app on the internet.

Both have taken some time to get used to. Still works great in the new Ford Transit.

i see restart, next chapter, previous chapter, and speed control.
can also grab the slider, and move forward/back with high resolution - but is very sensitive.
15 sec rewind is def needed - wtf they just say?

podcast/show restarts after closing app, remembers the show, not timestamp.
"live" - meaning satellite simulcast, will start in the middle of a current song. It has a rewind 1 hour -
Leaving and returning will keep the current song, and a return to live button appears.
I listen to sports talk, so that works for me.

xtra channels start a new song when returning after closing the app - has a prev/next song button
no working slider.

need to check carplay changes/features.

oh, currently...

Patrick, do you know what the newest/last "deals" they were giving to re-up for my cars? While on the phone (when cancelling) the best they were offering was $6.99 per month per radio....Is there anything better running currently?

Patrick, do you know what the newest/last "deals" they were giving to re-up for my cars? While on the phone (when cancelling) the best they were offering was $6.99 per month per radio....Is there anything better running currently?

That is the best.

Back
Top Bottom