Show Off Your TM

B856A455-785E-4888-AD44-4B74834E22FC.png

14" Bar on a husqvarna 536lixp (battery)
E0231FF9-B4D9-46D8-99B3-96FC7E8EB204.jpeg
9DE2C7CA-75C0-4F0F-BFBF-059712909786.jpeg

Electric saw question: I picked up a Dewalt 12 inch 20v chainsaw on sale since I had batteries from another kit. However they’re the smaller 1.3ah and don’t last too long. Do the larger ( 5-6ah) batteries last significantly longer? Been battery shopping but not sure the best option.
thx!

Electric saw question: I picked up a Dewalt 12 inch 20v chainsaw on sale since I had batteries from another kit. However they’re the smaller 1.3ah and don’t last too long. Do the larger ( 5-6ah) batteries last significantly longer? Been battery shopping but not sure the best option.
thx!
I would never take anything under 5ah out on a trail. Just a waste of time honestly.

thx!

What Bill said - i had the 18v ryobi - and it does well with the larger batteries. get that chain sharpener in the right size from stihl.
keep it very sharp.

As an alternative, a sawzall with limbing blades works well. easy to pack too.

What Bill said - i had the 18v ryobi - and it does well with the larger batteries. get that chain sharpener in the right size from stihl.
keep it very sharp.

also this!

no electric saw is going to be a true replacement for a gas saw, but for 90% of what we need to clear off the trails they are plenty, and they weigh a hell of a lot less to be lugging around the trails.

Reactions: don
keep it very sharp.

Bill? Lol

This was the biggest lift I ever did... Back in March of 2018 we got hit with a snow storm that had some of the heaviest snow I’ve seen. Six Mile was a disaster of fallen trees. The snow weighed on the branches and pulled tree after tree down. I have a video on Instagram of the trail off Jacques Lane where there was a tree down every 20/30 feet, starting from the lot all the way to the red trail. That one stretch took hours to clear. It took a few weeks to clear the park completely. I hit the canal side and @jdog hit the 27 side and cleaned up what I couldn’t with the bigger saws.

I think the fallen trees number easily topped 100 on the canal side. I would take a trip over in the morning before I had to head back home, shower and to go off to work.

Here’s a post in thread '6 Mile Run Conditions' when all that was going down:

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/6-mile-run-conditions.23594/post-779742

Back
Top Bottom