Shoe Fit Question

Macrusso

I just bought a pair of 661 Flights without trying them on first. I have a wide foot and was told 661 should be fine. I tried them out for about 10 or 15minutes and they bother my arches. Anyone else have this issue? Do they need to just get broken in or should I return them? Am I going to have this issue with most race shoes?

Thanks for any help.

I'm relatively flat footed, and I found a pair of Sidi's that weren't too bad on my arches.. After a couple of rides they were broken in and now they no longer bother me. I'm not familiar with that shoe specifically, but I would be tempted to just wear them and see how they "break in".

my sidi's hurt pretty bad for the first 2 rides, now they are awesome. they seemed to have stretched out a bunch on my wide feet too.

You could take them to get stretched, any shoe repair store should be able to do this for you. This will help if they shoes fit, but are just a bit snug. It's pretty cheap to have done (about $10) so it's worth a shot it you really like the shoes.

I have wide feet as well and I know certain companies make specific shoes for wide feet (my Sidi Mega's for example). Keep an eye out for wide specific shoes then next time you're in the market.

I just bought a pair of 661 Flights without trying them on first.

Problem #1. Always try shoes on!! Sizing is very inconsistent amongst manufactures and every shoe fits different. What works well for one person doesn't mean it will work for you. It sounds like you bought a shoe based on you normal shoe size and were never professionally measured. The most important part of a proper shoe fit is arch length, not foot length:rolleyes: Now, GO TO YOUR LBS AND GET FIT!!

-Jim.

Back
Top Bottom