Sedona area

ebarker9

I'm scheduled to spend 7 days in AZ/NM, flying in to Phoenix. Originally I was going to be in some random/remote places because I'm mostly going to accompany my father on an astronomy-oreinted vacation (his thing, not so much mine), but a lot of that seems to have fallen through.

Looks like I'll now have the opportunity to spend a few days around Sedona, so I feel like I need to take advantage of the riding there. Any suggestions for rentals/places to ride? Ideally I'd probably just ride from the rental place because I probably won't want to deal with cramming a bike into a tiny rental car.

You’re in luck- a few options depending on where you want to ride from-
I can’t really post right now, but will loop back to see if I can add-
Start here:
Maybe one day from Oak Creek, one day from West Sedona

She also has pretty good overviews of the trails too.

We rented here:

The 3 rides we did below, which you can ride from that shop...

Great, thanks. I think that's the first place that I came across searching so I'll give it a shot. Really excited to ride some place new. Just going to avoid anything with significant exposure...

Thanks again for all of the recommendations. I wound up renting from thunder mountain and doing the first two listed "intermediate" rides that were in their site. Overall, I had a really good time. The only issue that I had was the rental bike, which was a Ibis Ripley AF. Nice bike but I could not get the seat anywhere near high enough so seated pedaling was really rough. The shop indicated that it's a known issue with that frame but there wasn't another rental option so I just lived with it. Quads are going to be feeling it for a while and I was absolutely crawling on the climbs. Spinning a tiny gear in a half crouch.

Back
Top Bottom