Sedona 2017 Recap- <Now with 20% more Pictures!>

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We had hoped to post daily updates to the board of our West coast swing,
but @soundz was all mad bro about not being able to make it, so he blocked our posts.
Now that we are back in the garden state, here is the revisionist history that is Sedona 2017.
I fully invite my partners in crime
(@Mitch, @gtluke, @MissJR, @Santapez) to correct or add any detail as necessary.

Sedona Day 0:
Mitch and I convene on EWR at 5:30a to get our flight on.
Damn. That's early.
We have a collective 6 hours of sleep between us.
IMG_5258.JPG

The stupid early flight is great in theory: land before noon, have half a day to get our mojo on.
In practice: you show up on the other side of the country wrecked, and just try to make it to 8p.
IMG_5262.JPG

Nice thing is Mitch knows how to travel. Boom. Thank you!

IMG_5260.JPG

We get to the car rental counter, upgrade to an SUV because mitch can't pack light.
Fine, if we show up 5 hours before our return flight,
it'll actually be cheaper than our planned reservation.
We hit the road.

Mitch has a plan- pick up beer outside of Phoenix on our way up.
It's not his first rodeo.
With the mtb festival going on in Sedona, who knows what's left of the stores up there.
Envisioning a week of nothing but PBR cans, we make a pit stop on our way.
Boom. Find a spot en route with a great selection.
Only downside was not buying more for the week.

Properly supplied,
I drive us north, somehow managing to not doze off and kill us both.
IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5275.JPG

(Check out my cool cap-
I's got skeletons riding bikes!
Not sure why Mitch didn't get one too...)

We have time to kill before we can check in to the condo,
so we go check out the festival. Good showing from various reps,
and already on day 1, the place is swinging. Nice.
IMG_5284.JPG

We do some shopping (more beer),
and head back to the place where Mitch builds a bike from the bag of parts he schlepped onto the plane.

IMG_5286.JPG

IMG_5289.JPG

His good pedals didn't make it into the bag.
Damn. Off to the LBS to see if they have some Times he can rent for the week.
(I know- Times- WTF?)

Luckily they have some, so he finishes building his bike,
and we have beers chilled Mitch-stylee.
IMG_5295.JPG

Then we get the place ready for the rest of the gang who is arriving late,
eat some foods, and crash to get ready for some Red Rock in the am.

Last edited:
Either jimmy still pissed and not letting your pics show or because I bailed on ST today and he is blocking me.

My crazy co-worker unexpected showed up in Phoenix and Sedona today. If he doesn't mass murderer us all I still need a ride home from the airport Tuesday morning. Lol like I'm going to get a flight. ..

Sedona is one of my favorite places on the planet. Just the thought of that place lowers my blood pressure. Did you guys get over to Javelina Cantina? That place put me in a food coma twice the last time I was there.

@Mitch 's picture with the moon looks like something out of a brochure.

Looks like a great trip and you all came home without injury which is a good thing due to the fact that there is some challenging terrain in Sedona . Great pictures !

Sedona is one of my favorite places on the planet. Just the thought of that place lowers my blood pressure. Did you guys get over to Javelina Cantina? That place put me in a food coma twice the last time I was there.

Looks like a great trip and you all came home without injury which is a good thing due to the fact that there is some challenging terrain in Sedona . Great pictures !

Yes and no.

Javelina Cantina will be covered in Day 3 post, blood and gore covered in Day 2 post.
Stay Tuned!

Jim Thompson trail blew...basically like a loose double track right? Over to the bridge? Or am I confusing it with another one...

Back
Top Bottom