Scraping noise

TimWarchol

Scum Sucker
Im getting a scraping/grinding noise on my rear bb7 i adjusted the cps and did alot of the common troubleshooting's but there still is a noise.. any suggestions?

The spring that pushes the pads apart may be bent and hitting the rotor.
It can happen when installing the wheel if you're not careful about aligning the rotor between the pads.
Or it can just happen spontaneously if the pads are very worn.
(Norm, Fred... sound familiar?)

nope but i recently got off the phone with sram... get this.. since my LBS took at look at it and verified that it wasn't my fault but a defect in the bb7... Sram is sending me a set of elixir cr f/r 160mm. thank you sram! this is the second time they did this big of an upgrade for me... last time i hade a problem with my crankset i was using a lowend truvativ internal crank i think the fived or isoflo not sure... but they sent me new stylos with external gxp bb.

I LOVE SRAM <3 <3 <3

Is it a continues scraping sound or intermittent?

Intermittent means the rotor is out of true and can be fixed using a vice grips. Continues means one of the pads is in constant with the rotor.

nope but i recently got off the phone with sram... get this.. since my LBS took at look at it and verified that it wasn't my fault but a defect in the bb7... Sram is sending me a set of elixir cr f/r 160mm. thank you sram! this is the second time they did this big of an upgrade for me... last time i hade a problem with my crankset i was using a lowend truvativ internal crank i think the fived or isoflo not sure... but they sent me new stylos with external gxp bb.

I LOVE SRAM <3 <3 <3

What did you tell them that would make them replace BB7's with Elixir CR's? Thats one hell of an upgrade!!!

i didnt tell them much, i was just honest with them both times and both times my LBS verified it wasnt my fault and that it could be a defect. i guess sram has that good of a guarantee on there products that when there is a defect they will give you a free upgrade. they are also paying the shop to install them too.

tomorrow always brings a new day. and the day that shimano has better customer service than sram... there is no more tomorrows :)

Back
Top Bottom