Scott CR1 team edition custom build (58cm) - $1300

jayres6

Up for Sale is my Scott CR1. This bike has been a trusty steed since it's been built. This is the first bike I built from the ground up. I selected the parts carefully. I wanted great performance, reliability, and light weight. Of course, you can't have all three without breaking the bank!! So instead of going crazy with carbon bars and seatposts, I went with quality Ritchey Alloy parts. Originally the bars were Ritchey too, but I spent a few years tinkering in triathlons and the Ritchey bars weren't clip-on compatible, so they were swapped out for the FSA bars.

This bike is used and has been ridden a lot, but it's in really good shape. There is a small mark here and there on the frame, but nothing crazy. The pictures should speak for themselves. The bike just recently received a lot of work. New cables/housing, new brake pads, new chain, and new small chainring.

One thing worth pointing out is that although the whole drive train is Campy, the wheels are actually Shimano compatible. That's why I am using the American Classic Conversion Cassette. These are splined for Shimano, but spaced and ramped for Campy. They have worked really well. This bike was my first dive into the Campy pool, and I already had so many wheel sets. I didn't want to buy another one just for this bike. So these Cassettes did the trick! Since I don't have another Campy bike at the moment, I'll throw in an additional conversion cassette with the purchase of this bike.

Asking Price: $1300.

Complete build below:
Frame/Fork: scott CR1 Sanuier Duval pro team frame.
Bar: FSA Energy. Standard Drop. 42cm c-c
Stem: ritchey wcs alloy. 120mm
Seatpost: ritchey wcs alloy.
Saddle: specialized Toupe, 143mm
Brakes: Mavic SCS (very cool and match the bike perfectly)
Shifters/Levers: Campy Chorus carbon 10sp
Front Derailleur: Campy Chorus
Rear Derailleur: Campy Chorus (10sp)
Cranks: FSA Carbon Pro. 53/39.
Cassette: American Classic Conversion Cassette. 12-25
Chain: wipperman
Wheels: Mavic Cosmic Carbone. Tires are Hutchinson Krilion 23cc in black/yellow.

Also included:
Additional American Classic Conversion Cassette. It is either an 11-23 or 12-23.
Original black brake hoods

not included (but potentially negotiable):
pedals
polar speed/cadence sensors
barfly computer mount

Attachments

• DSC_0069.jpg
    DSC_0069.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0072.jpg
    DSC_0072.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
sizing info

what size is it. Is it close to my bike, a 21 inch trek stache ? Thanks

It's a 58cm, which scott calls an XL. hard to compare just by size, especially from a mountain bike to a road bike. There are so many variables to fit.

the seat-tube measures 58cm from bb-center to top of seattube. the horizontal top tube measurement is 57.5cm. the headtube is 19cm.

as a reference, I'm 6' tall. my saddle height is 78cm (measured center of bottom bracket to top of saddle). there is definatley room on this bike to go taller if you needed.

let me know if you need any other info.

thanks,
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom