Savage bellows of the Minotaur

Seriously, of you want your phone to be synced in the cloud Android is what you need.

It's just dumb that it isn't. How big is my address book? 500kb? Is it that big of deal? Stop making me plug the phone into my computer to sync it, takes like an hour to open that disaster of a program iTunes.

Why not? You don't like updating it with a 200mb install file every 6 days. It's a giant advertisement I'm forced to use. Where is congress on this? They said MS was forcing programs on people but this is 1000 times worse

Why not? You don't like updating it with a 200mb install file every 6 days. It's a giant advertisement I'm forced to use. Where is congress on this? They said MS was forcing programs on people but this is 1000 times worse

I admit, I am an iTunes user and I hate it. Nothing pisses me off more than when I want to play music real quick, double click itunes, and the "Checking Library" box comes up. That can take 5 minutes... on a pretty fast computer. Thats BS..

what audio program should I be using?

PS - The genius shuffle option in itunes is the only reason I use it.. and its awesome for losers like me that have 18,000 songs... so a program with a similar option would be cool..

Dunno Jeremy, I listen to 3 bands so I've never done that.
Winamp is still 8mb haha
Windows media player looks really nice but I never use it so I can't really day much

Itunes has never really irritated me, but I've always used it on a Mac. I hate Safari for Mac and decided to see if it could be worse on Windows and it was, so I can imagine iTunes being shit on Windows.
Are there not settings and preferences that you can tweak to keep it from wanting to update all the time?
What do Windows users use for music library management? Has Windows media player improved enough to be worthwhile? Winamp was what it was all about when I was a regular Windows user, but I don't know if they exist anymore.
My bitch is that my iTouch is slower to start playing than my old scroll wheel iPod, but then again I have games and wireless and all that crap on the iTouch.
Seriously though, you make enough money and have enough saved that you get a different phone and use the iPhone for work stuff only - you bitch about that thing so much I think it's giving you hives.
My phone has Bluetooth - it works fine with my Macbook, I back up all my contacts as vcf files and I can do whatever I want with them. Your blaming Apple for these problems is like people on welfare blaming the government for their problems.

Luke is on welfare?
Multiple cars, cell phone that he doesn't pay for, eats crappy food and drinks a lot of soda - he might be.

OK: I take back the crappy food part - it's not all bad.

Last edited:
This sums it up pretty well
HfOMd.jpg

oh and brilliantly, in the jailbroken itunes store I can login and download all my pre bought apps from a checklist through the phone only. Why do I need to involve a computer to install tapatalk? It's only becuase I bought it already. My choices are get home to my computer or pay $4 for it again, soooo stupid.

Friday I got a ride in with the machinist before work over at the Royal Hunting Grounds. Saturday I went to my friend's brother's wedding and ate my face off. Sunday I went to Easter and ate my face off to the extreme!
Today I took Eileen's single speed out "to fix the brakes from Stewart" and put about 20 miles on it. My first real ride on a single speed. I have to say I quite enjoyed it. The Jester/Queen/Jack parks have extreme dictation of speed. You really can not ride any faster though the parks than I do. Well obviously there is room for improvement but while on the single track if you go any faster you are going to bounce into a freakin tree. So I never spun out on it while in the parks, and it helped keep me motivated climbing the hills. The sections I link the parks with are road and rail trail where it was kinda annoying but I got used to it. I think I would go a tooth or two down for myself. It's a 33/20 I think. so maybe an 18 is more suited for me for now. Maybe I need to man up, I know the machinist rides a 32/16 at Royal.

I'm happy to report that the camera still works. There is an odd set of rings appearing in the viewfinder that come from the glass above the main mirror. I can't get to the inside of that glass so I hope it just goes away. It's hardly noticeable though and doesn't appear on the photos as it's just in the viewfinder section, not the sensor section.

dsc_1491-XL.jpg

hers is 32x21, I remember bc I asked her if she wanted the 22 that came with my bike, but 1 extra tooth wasnt going to make a huge difference. Should be a 32, usually its the rotor rings that are 33.

Saturday I sold the Miata and dropped it off to the new owner in the morning. In the afternoon I took a lap of the Waway race course. Great course, holy hell did my Trek feel heavy. I had too much crap and too much water in my pack, back was killing me.
I hate the shock on the Trek, but holy hell is if fast pointed downhill.
Then I went and worked on the Lemons race car for a bit.
Sunday was Waway race day, took pics. Came home and cleaned my room and threw out some clothes and made a pile for goodwill, going to throw out my dresser this week. It's completely broken.
Today I took out for a loop of the Royal Hunting Grounds. I cleaned the powerline climb up onto the bushwack trails by my house. I think I've done that twice before, never made it last year. It's incredible how much better that hill is now, it was total washout mud mess last year. PSE&G completely destroyed it, but left hay bails. Looks like over the winter they mowed it and put down grass seed. The crazy weeds are gone, and there is green grass in spots. It's a real bitch of a climb, really long and loose.
The northern trails are SUPER fast. Holy crap the leaf bed is composting and the trail is FAST and smooth. Really fun. Some of the carriage paths are super washed out though. Trails are tip top. I finally cut out 2 trees that have been down since last year. Took like an hour to cut these 2 8" trees out of the path using an 8" folding saw.
Spent too long doing that, started getting dark so I tried to take the faster way out. On the south side holy crap are the white trail and river trails wiped out. It's like they were never there in some spots. That river must have come up onto them for days. Sucks, going to have to ride up the other side of the mountain and see how the yellow trail is, but that ads like 1200 feet of more climbing, not really ready for that yet.
Right next to the royal garden I saw a HUGE swan on her nest, and the mate was stalking out the pond and he was giving me seriously dirty looks.
Got dark, bailed onto the road. Got hit in the face with some prehistoric bug of some sort, I think it weighed a good 2-3 pounds.
I have no idea why or how but I put the bike in the big and little gears and just mashed home. I've never been able to do that before, I was hauling ass.
At some point I rode past a roadie on the side of the road. I contemplated seeing if he was okay but then I remembered that in the last 5 years, no roadie has ever even waved to me. Road riding is serious business. Am I a jerk for ignoring this guy? maybe. He was probably just tired or putting on lights. I was racing the sunset home anyway.
Bed time.

Back
Top Bottom