Salisbury Walking Purchase

goodvibe

I was in Bethlehem this weekend and I wound up riding through Walking Purchase park. It is a pretty solid park. There are a couple of super technical sections and if you are near that area, it is worth a ride. There was about 12 miles of trails and there is a flow trail that was pretty epic. Luby Land was extended with berms and went all the way back down to the switchbacks. There were also quite a few features that were pretty good. I don't know if it is really a destination place, but if you are in the area, you should definitely hit it.

C2BF1F86-8C5B-4D1F-AE36-ED371AE409BC.jpeg

Indeed, Sals is a lot of fun. The boulder trail is short but a real challenge. The park flows nicely too.

I haven’t been here in years. It was fun but not really dialed in.
is it easy to follow a loop there?

Last time I rode there it was in 8 in of snow like in 2015...never got much speed so not sure of flow lol.

Pretty easy to follow. VMB has a map on their site and it's on TrailForks as well. I haven't ridden there in years either but seems like they've been doing a lot of work the past couple years to modernize some of the trails. They also have the Steel City Enduro race there coming up 10/4 which is a fun event.

There was a pretty good loop. This was the second time I have been there and the LubyLand trail is the one that was built up to a super awesome flow trail. The markers were easy to follow and most stuff is in trailforks, but there are a couple of new sections.

Just got done with a ride here. Very fun park.
The direction I took would have been better the other way. Every person I passed was going opposite but said its good both ways, lol. Felt like 90% climbing, 85% of that was hard core chowder. I am real glad I made the right bike choice. Almost went with the rigid SS, that would have been painful.

Just got done with a ride here. Very fun park.
The direction I took would have been better the other way. Every person I passed was going opposite but said its good both ways, lol. Felt like 90% climbing, 85% of that was hard core chowder. I am real glad I made the right bike choice. Almost went with the rigid SS, that would have been painful.
where did you start and which way did you go? im going to give it a shot monday i think.

Last edited:
where did you start and which way did you go? im going to give it a shot monday i think.
Bottom by R/R tracks clockwise lower red. If i was to do it again it would be counter clock wise. Would go back again.

Back
Top Bottom