ryerson lot on school days

littlev21

is it OK to use this lot on school days, while school is in session? I'd like to head there on Columbus day, or early weekday starts. TIA

yea parking at the school during school hours is a bad idea, lot c is the answer

Yeah, no. Don't park at Ryerson.

Lot C is the answer. Keep in mind that the Cupsaw Lake gate (South) is closed, so you will have to enter from the main entrance at the Manor (Lot A) drive all the way down to lot B and from there drive to Lot C (in theory go to the South gate and loop back to Lot C, but I've seen people cutting short and go the wrong way into Lot C.

Lot A may be easier if not full. If the parking lots reach capacity they will switch you to Shepherd's Lake, but that should not be the case on a weekday.

Yeah, no. Don't park at Ryerson.

Lot C is the answer. Keep in mind that the Cupsaw Lake gate (South) is closed, so you will have to enter from the main entrance at the Manor (Lot A) drive all the way down to lot B and from there drive to Lot C (in theory go to the South gate and loop back to Lot C, but I've seen people cutting short and go the wrong way into Lot C.

Lot A may be easier if not full. If the parking lots reach capacity they will switch you to Shepherd's Lake, but that should not be the case on a weekday.
Thought the gate was only closed on summer weekends.

Thought the gate was only closed on summer weekends.
It was closed this week. There's a number of proper, permanent road signs on Skylands Rd leading to the gate telling the drivers that but they're mostly ignored. Every time a go for a walk/ride with the wife that's our entry point to the park and I have to stop and give directions to at least 2 cars every time.

They closed it soon after the closing/reopening of the parks at limited capacity, now you must go through a boot (either at the Manor or at Sheperds) in order to get to any of the parking lots, while through the south gate you can get to Lot C and Lot B without checking in.

@serviceguy is it ok to park by the tennis courts on Skylands when school is in session? Thanks
I don’t believe the courts belong to the schools, rather the lake community (which I am not part of, to much $$$). Not sure if there’s a no parking sign there. But you can surely park in front of the Cupsaw market or across the street in front of the Verizon building.

The park stops charging an entry fee after Labor Day. The gates are open, park in Lots A or C, a mere 10min. Bike ride from the school. No need for anyone to try and reach into their pockets with their T-Rex arms to let the moths out of their wallets.

While they don’t charge they still man the toll boots to control capacity, if there are too many cars they will direct you to Sheperd’s lake, at least during the weekend, so weekdays should be fine.

all great info guys. much appreciated. I got to do some research, as I only know ryerson. Trailfroks seems locked in. I enjoy the warm puppy finish, with little to no climbing to finish up. I actually end most rides from Pierson's ridge, all the way down white, and down Warm Puppy.

all great info guys. much appreciated. I got to do some research, as I only know ryerson. Trailfroks seems locked in. I enjoy the warm puppy finish, with little to no climbing to finish up. I actually end most rides from Pierson's ridge, all the way down white, and down Warm Puppy.
If you want to keep your current routine then just park on Wanaque Terrace and ride your bike up the school road and into the trail. I do that all the time during the school year. Or type "Ringwood, Parking Lot C" on Google maps and it will take you right there. As for your ride, make a right at the bottom of warm puppy onto the fireroad (don't cross the creek) then hop onto the paved road and keep right - that will take you back to Lot C. It's less than 1/4 mile.

If you want to keep your current routine then just park on Wanaque Terrace and ride your bike up the school road and into the trail. I do that all the time during the school year. Or type "Ringwood, Parking Lot C" on Google maps and it will take you right there. As for your ride, make a right at the bottom of warm puppy onto the fireroad (don't cross the creek) then hop onto the paved road and keep right - that will take you back to Lot C. It's less than 1/4 mile.
Have you ever had any issue with the locals? Some unsavory characters live in that area...

Have you ever had any issue with the locals? Some unsavory characters live in that area...
Never. I know a few locals, all nice folks. I have seen unsavory mountain bikers who drive 50 mph through their quiet neighborhood. Does that count?

Back
Top Bottom