Round Valley Conditions

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sorry for the ignorance…never been to this spot. Why is it pain?
Lots and lots of climbing. The standard loop is around 6 miles out and back and well over 2K of elevation. Parking on the Cush side adds even more.

Davinchia1981

Rode and hiked my bike today. It's all dry minus the campground access road and the power line field to the parking lot by the train tracks.

Davinchia1981

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230129_111556_Trailforks.jpg
    Screenshot_20230129_111556_Trailforks.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 108

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Don't ride the field when wet - cause now ya know!

That lower trail in the woods is nice - a little bit of tech - not too much.

One of these days i'll put in a proper route on TF -
Rather than doing the climb out of the Cush lot by making that first right on the trail, stay low, and climb it as a giant switchback.
On strava it is the "Z Climb"

You rode the proper direction on the ridge on the way back. Well done. Lots of fun up there.

But ya skipped the lung busting climb on the way out by going to the camp road to the pavilion. :)

Someone shut down the current ridge trail - not sure if the one you took is the new one or old.
Gotta get there - maybe tomorrow.

Well done.

Davinchia1981

@Patrick Not sure on all the directions I took but the skipping the lung busting climb lol. That was done on purpose hahaha.

I am so beat from this place. I need to get into better shape or avoid this place at all cost. Truly fun and a great workout even if I did hike the bike alot.

Patrick

Staff member
Hiked out of the scuba/south lot to the top of puke hill - with a few side-ventures.
Cleared the trees on the switchbacks, and along the scout camp.
Also got a few blow-downs that were sticking out into the trail, along with the usual stick pick-up game.

I like the new kicker on the powerlines - we'll need to work on the lip, and clear the landing area.

IMG_3506.JPG

Patrick

Staff member
Eagle trail is still closed.

Red is good from the saddle to the cut back to the ridge.
Ridge has a few small trees that need to be cut.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's fine, but about as wet as it gets. The lower stuff is wet where you expect it. In 2 days I'm sure it'll be bone dry.

@Patrick we got like 4-5 trees down now. There's a new park super and I'm not sure there are any maintenance guys driving the quad on the big loop anymore.

In 2 weeks, this place will be too overgrown to ride a lot of it.

The switchbacks/powerline area is terrible. I'm calling the park on Monday to get them to commit to letting me go out and start to work on that. We're in that strange in between phase where the old super moved on and the new super doesn't know anyone yet.

Robin

Road out to the campsite and turned around. Large log down across Trail towards campground split. Marked on trail forks.

Lots of overgrowth. I went down the water bars near the fence. It seems more traffic is going that way. The switchbacks are completely overgrown and unkept.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Road out to the campsite and turned around. Large log down across Trail towards campground split. Marked on trail forks.

Lots of overgrowth. I went down the water bars near the fence. It seems more traffic is going that way. The switchbacks are completely overgrown and unkept.

ok ok ok ok ok...

Just got off the phone with the new RV super and we are going to find some time to go out and take a look at that section together. Building a new relationship so it may not be something I can address immediately. But the process is in the works.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
ok ok ok ok ok...

Just got off the phone with the new RV super and we are going to find some time to go out and take a look at that section together. Building a new relationship so it may not be something I can address immediately. But the process is in the works.

Let us know if/when we can go in there to do some work. Was there yesterday and a vast majority of the park is unridable. The fence "re-route" has been taken back by nature almost completely. First descent to the Camp has many trees and overgrowth. The split before Cushetunk towards the turn-around is also gone.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions