Rollerblading

carvegybe

I love my skates. I take them with me every time I travel to the Netherlands. Skated (twice) around Lake Bodensee from Germany to Switzerland to Austria and back to Germany - one of my life's highlights that I will never forget.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I think referring to them as a pair of skates is proper.
Even tho using just one would be silly.
;)

EJphotos

DeafeningJampackedGrackle-max-1mb.gif

Mr.Moto

Wow this thread brings back memories and also reminds me how old I am.

Before my obsession with mountain bikes I was obsessed with skating. Tried to do a little bit of everything but was mainly into cone skating. Started the cone skating scene at Overlook Park in Leonia. Would spend many weekday evenings there skating and met some great people. Spent weekends in Central Park skating cones at the location of @EJphotos meme. Pretty sure skating is what caused the hip issues I have now. Fun times.

Would be in for an mtbnj skate party.

THATmanMANNY

yooo I used to spend 99% of my free time during elementary and middle school playing street roller hockey. Ironically, this asian kid and my best friend who is black used to dominate. Two versus how many ever wanted to play against us. These were the good times playing in condo parking lot and probably dented all the cars there. haha

I had my hockey skates up till a few years ago. I whipped the out during a fundraiser for my kids school and I took them to the franklin park rink. I did a couple of sweet moves and the plastic toe cap shattered! Plastic breaking down from storage

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had to use the Google, Lightning TRS are the ones I have still. 1990-1992 maybe? Can't member what the original pair I had were. Wood skate again.

one piece crank

I know that @stb222 has been eagerly anticipating me posting this thread.

I got into rollerblading as a teenager, and we played a lot of roller hockey like 25 years ago. A couple of times over the past few years, I've thought about buying a pair and skating again. My brother sent me a video a few weeks ago of his 5 and 7 year olds skating with him, so I ended up buying a pair of FR1 skates. I've been out four times at the local roller hockey rinks, and it's been fucking amazing. I feel like I'm 15 years old, and I basically skate until my feet are practically bleeding because I can't stop.

Anyway, we have two pretty decent rinks in Parsippany and two at Greystone. Once I get more confident that I remember what I'm doing and can stop better, I'll probably do some hooligan rides around town. Hit me up if anyone wants to join.
Yeah, I pretty much only ride my BMX bikes anymore. Life is too short...

olegbabich

Used to play a lot of street roller hockey back in a day.
It is no secret that Skateboard industry killed Roller Blades with these type of slogans -

"What is the hardest part of Rollerblading? Telling your parents you are gay."

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mainly into cone skating. Started the cone skating scene at Overlook Park in Leonia.

Would be in for an mtbnj skate party.
Familiar with the park but not Cone 'skating. Please provide detailed explanation of these actions as well as pictures of body movements or related videos

serviceguy

It is no secret that Skateboard industry killed Roller Blades with these type of slogans -

The imagery didn’t help either…
6B641191-40C9-40D9-A24F-FD22E3AD4EFF.jpeg

Reactions: don

gpTron

I have CCM hockey skates that I retrieved from my mom's house now that my kids are learning to ice and roller skate to play hockey. It's been fun playing with them.

Years ago when I was playing regularly I was telling my friend that I'd sometimes play roller hockey at the outdoor rink in Monroe on Saturdays. She was like "oh so you Rollerblade?" And I kept responding with "to play hockey". This exchange where I didn't explicitly say Yes went back and forth at least 5 times before I finally said "yes", to which she asked "is that how you told your mom you were gay?".

rick81721

Lothar
I know that @stb222 has been eagerly anticipating me posting this thread.

I got into rollerblading as a teenager, and we played a lot of roller hockey like 25 years ago. A couple of times over the past few years, I've thought about buying a pair and skating again. My brother sent me a video a few weeks ago of his 5 and 7 year olds skating with him, so I ended up buying a pair of FR1 skates. I've been out four times at the local roller hockey rinks, and it's been fucking amazing. I feel like I'm 15 years old, and I basically skate until my feet are practically bleeding because I can't stop.

Anyway, we have two pretty decent rinks in Parsippany and two at Greystone. Once I get more confident that I remember what I'm doing and can stop better, I'll probably do some hooligan rides around town. Hit me up if anyone wants to join.

tenor (14).gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Ouch, haha.
Having been in the skate scene at that time, all the sudden you had rollerbladers flooding the parks and it quickly became the easiest was to “get rad”. Xgames added it and the average age ended up being like 12 years old, which was an indication of the difficulty of the tricks. Typical to any groms at the park, he becomes a game of snake the whole time you are there because kids DGAF.

Scooters are the new rollerblades, btw.

All that being said, it had nothing to do with roller hockey.

Reactions: don

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Because it's fun and I like it, and I don't care what people think about me.

Having been in the skate scene at that time, all the sudden you had rollerbladers flooding the parks and it quickly became the easiest was to “get rad”. Xgames added it and the average age ended up being like 12 years old, which was an indication of the difficulty of the tricks. Typical to any groms at the park, he becomes a game of snake the whole time you are there because kids DGAF.

I watched this video on youtube and thought it was pretty interesting:

X-games definitely blew it up, though I always thought skateboarding was more exciting and interesting to watch. I've never been to a skate park, not sure if they were a thing in my area when I was a kid.

Lol, I heard this joke from my brother in high school as "What's the hardest thing about rollerblading in Central Park?" Funny enough, I was in Central Park over the weekend and thought how awesome it would be if I had my rollerblades 🤣

What's the hardest thing about wearing spandex and playing bicycles in the woods with a bunch of other men wearing spandex?

Top Bottom