Ringwood Rumble

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there any type of permission I need from the park? If not, I can make it invite only (or word of mouth) to keep it from becoming too much of a shit show. The stages will be adequately brutal, and entry the fee will be several of your favorite distilled or brewed beverages and/or combustibles (or edibles), to be consumed post event, with overage going to the winner. "Grass" roots racing in its lowest form.

This was done for years at Blue Mountain. It was called The Bottle Ride, I believe. It was invite-only but I never made my way there. I don't think it's still a thing, but what you are describing is the same exact thing.

But I'll say this - organizing it on a message board is a sure way to attract the wrong attention. It really needs to be a non-public event of friends or friends-of-friends, etc.

Captain Brainstorm

This was done for years at Blue Mountain. It was called The Bottle Ride, I believe. It was invite-only but I never made my way there. I don't think it's still a thing, but what you are describing is the same exact thing.

But I'll say this - organizing it on a message board is a sure way to attract the wrong attention. It really needs to be a non-public event of friends or friends-of-friends, etc.

Organizing what? Don't know what you're talking about.

Was thinking about putting up signs on the telephone poles, under the ones of all the lost small dogs (that probably got eaten by coyotes) that I see when I go on road rides, but realized that's the wrong crowd. Organizing something with my friends will be me and maybe 2 other people? They may have friends though.

Team Town Cycle

Organizing what? Don't know what you're talking about.

Was thinking about putting up signs on the telephone poles, under the ones of all the lost small dogs (that probably got eaten by coyotes) that I see when I go on road rides, but realized that's the wrong crowd. Organizing something with my friends will be me and maybe 2 other people? They may have friends though.
The state parks do read here (waves hi to NJSP!) - and they do require permits for everything (which also means insurance). We had to permit our pre-rides this year for the first time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The state parks do read here (waves hi to NJSP!) - and they do require permits for everything (which also means insurance). We had to permit our pre-rides this year for the first time.

I believe there is a group limit of 20 or 25. So, if you get like 19 or 24 friends, you can ride as a group no big deal.

Something like that. Drinking is illegal either way. Just making that observation.

downbeat007

I hadn't been to Ringwood for almost 10 years. The morning of, I was kind of dreading having to race with the relentless rain all night and during the drive up but both the trails and the race were amazing. The 3rd lap hurt!!! A hearty thanks to all that helped put on a great event. The course marking were great...even for a knucklehead like me.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Am I peeing without a permit or did the park close without a permit?
971CFF9F-1871-4882-9AB1-FA32AC23DA25.png

Top Bottom