Ringwood! Important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtluke

The Moped
This isn't even remotely true, my god people...
It was a site ford used decades ago to dispose of paint, back when Ford had a plant in the area. Ford made a settlement years and years ago.

I have no idea how this story got made up, but it's stupid.

gtluke

The Moped
The community of Upper Ringwood, made up mostly of Ramapough Mountain Indians, has been living off the land for generations—catching fish, hunting game, and growing vegetables.

LOL what kind of crack is this person on? The Jackson White's are not actual Indians living like Indians do in cartoons.

walter

Fourth Party
and as previously noted, the site of the old Ford plant was a few miles from the actual park

gtluke

The Moped
That may be the worst website I've ever been on in my life.
EVERYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING WE MUST STOP PROGRESS ON EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE PRIUS

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The prius is actually a gas guzzler now. You need a leaf.

gtluke

The Moped
I can't even tell since that site is so completely full of shit and blatant lies, but it says that the settlement was reversed? I doubt it. Source?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This isn't even remotely true, my god people...
It was a site ford used decades ago to dispose of paint, back when Ford had a plant in the area. Ford made a settlement years and years ago.

I have no idea how this story got made up, but it's stupid.

ford settled in 2009. for about $12 million. wow. an exec's quarterly bonus. they really care.

they f'd up the land bad. they also tried to walk away from clean up consistently for years. the settlement requires them to clean it up, but they aren't and haven't. for the record, they dumped benzene and dioxin, both known carcinogens, which they claim was perfectly legal at the time because the township allowed it at the time.

but as far as the "story" goes i can't find crap. the only thing i see going on in ringwood is some deforestation/reforestation proposals for an existing gas pipleline i guess they want to expand:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/greenacres/pdf/tgp_neup_nnl_notice.pdf

gtluke

The Moped
Ford didn't even dump it, their disposal contractor did. But it sounds better when you say Ford doesn't care maaaaaaaaaaan.

JeffSpicoli

ford settled in 2009. For about $12 million. Wow. An exec's quarterly bonus. They really care.

They f'd up the land bad. They also tried to walk away from clean up consistently for years. The settlement requires them to clean it up, but they aren't and haven't. For the record, they dumped benzene and dioxin, both known carcinogens, which they claim was perfectly legal at the time because the township allowed it at the time.

But as far as the "story" goes i can't find crap. The only thing i see going on in ringwood is some deforestation/reforestation proposals for an existing gas pipleline i guess they want to expand:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/greenacres/pdf/tgp_neup_nnl_notice.pdf
:popcorn:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ford didn't even dump it, their disposal contractor did. But it sounds better when you say Ford doesn't care maaaaaaaaaaan.

i've learned that arguing on the internet, and particularly with people like you, because you're one of those people on the internet that is always right (even tho i was actually partially agreeing with you), is totally useless.

sorry i attempted to bring some form of value (facts) to this thread.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i've learned that arguing on the internet, and particularly with people like you, because you're one of those people on the internet that is always right (even tho i was actually partially agreeing with you), is totally useless.

sorry i attempted to bring some form of value (facts) to this thread.

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom