Riding Wawayanda or Allamuchy on 4.25-27?

Collins

Howdy folks,
In town from Pittsburgh, I'm looking to ride for the first time at Wawayanda and/or Allamuchy (or nearby?) this weekend, and am wondering if I can follow the wheel of anybody else has similar plans? I'm looking for ~30+ miles per ride, but am totally flexible, and can keep about any pace. Thanks!
(Of course, if this is posted in the wrong subforum, my apologies -- lemme know.)
AJ

I believe @soundz and I are riding Wayway on Saturday at 9am, details to follow.
But it'll be intermediate casual pace.
30 miles at wayway is kinda intense, we'll be doing like 15-18 probably.

Here is a the official thread for our group ride: http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/group-ride-at-wawayanda-this-sat-april-25-9am.36229/

Btw, that Bearscat loop you posted is a nice loop but it includes some road and some fireroad/doubletrack "recovery" sections .. although fireroads at Waway can be lots of work. We're going to be skipping that and doing mostly rocky single track, but we will probably be stopping a bunch depending on who shows.

Thanks -- the profile looked kinda roady.

If ya'll are ever looking to ride near Pittsburgh, let me know. Lots of good trail.

Thanks -- the profile looked kinda roady.

I wouldn't call it exactly that. It includes plenty of rocky single track and the road section goes by pretty fast. I can say it's the toughest mtb race course in NJ and a pretty good loop if you're looking to go non-stop. If you want to maximize single-track time, there's other ways ot do it.

^Just meant it had some roads in it. I used to hate on fire road sections, but there ain't no shame in a steep climb, no matter where it is, and if it's on the way to singletrack, who cares?
This ride looks great -- just looking to get my bearings. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom