riding conditions

wlee

Anyone know conditions at chimney rock, stephans, deer park, or much north ? looking to do a sat ride. So far I have only heard Round valley is in decent shape. Thanks

CR is still mostly mud. And I think Matty said Stephens was still under snow.

Poop. So probably Mahlon is out too. I'm gonna take a ride over the Tourne after work and have a look. I imagine Lewis is a mess, as it's a mess after a light rain. We were thinking of just running up and down Patriot's Path, at least it's dirt.

South Jersey peeps, heard Allaire and Round Valley are ok, anything else good? Looking at early Sunday morning. Thank you!

Poop. So probably Mahlon is out too. I'm gonna take a ride over the Tourne after work and have a look. I imagine Lewis is a mess, as it's a mess after a light rain. We were thinking of just running up and down Patriot's Path, at least it's dirt.

South Jersey peeps, heard Allaire and Round Valley are ok, anything else good? Looking at early Sunday morning. Thank you!

ive been sticking to trail running. Mahlon still has 4-5 inches of snow almost everywhere,

i went running at the tourne yesterday and it is soupy...snow is 95% gone, but its way too wet to ride IMO

Based upon numerous texts and emails with local spies it looks like Denville North and West is going to be poop this weekend. I would guess LM will be soupy poop as well.

Word is RV, Allaire, Hartshorne/Huber.

Personal experience - Jonathans woods = poop soup, Wildcat = soft and mushy on Southern exposure and snow covered on North sides.

Ok Thanks you for so many replies. we will be riding at Round Valley tomorrow at 9 if anyone wants to join us.

Wildcat later today. Lots of good rideable stuff on white trail. North side off hawkwatch rd has snow till footbridge. Circle back on lt blue trail. White trail off hawkwatch rd southern side is good. White trail mostly rock so minimal mush.

Just my .02 cents, keep the change, Round Valley was patchy snow and soft turf the previous weekend, at least the sections from South Lot to top of Puke. Many reports came in it was good sailing from Cushatunk parking up to Puke, so all in all RV should be a good destination. The Rock, 6 Mile and Sourlands all need a week or two of good drying out. No clue on northerly favorites like JH or Waway but imagine they need a couple weeks. Ventured out to PA to ride Mt Penn in Reading and it was in great shape! I wasn't but the trails were!

Back
Top Bottom