Ride Titles; Explained

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Put 28 holes through the icee car

The Lox is one of my favorite mood changer listen to's. The creative and funny word play, while still being street AF, reminds me of what gangster rap used to be. So around 11am a storm rolled through and I thought I was going to ride inside and see a lower number of kudos, but the wind was non-existent so I said F it and went and enjoyed some surprisingly warm sunshine. Still feel kind of tired from Saturday, or maybe I'm just constantly tired now and days.
IMG_6842.jpg

Always wanted to take a photo of this road, so I did.

Dominos

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Remember when @Norm and I went on a streak naming Strava rides with Haikus? It would take me an entire 2 hour ride to come up with the perfect one, only to forget it when editing the ride.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Remember when @Norm and I went on a streak naming Strava rides with Haikus? It would take me an entire 2 hour ride to come up with the perfect one, only to forget it when editing the ride.
this was a great time in strava naming history.

RobW

IIRC you are OG with ride name titles and I think you started the trend for anyone that follows you.

I always name my rides but I lack creativity for cute, clever or smart names but I can relate to thinking of names on rides and then forgetting by the end of the ride.
Same, although I believe he made a thread about asking people to step up the ride names.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I spend 90% of my ride time thinking of Strava titles. I follow @pearl on Strava only for the hip hop references. Bonus points for the Talib joint in the op...

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
so is this going to be a recurring complaint here, bc im not witty enough to have an interesting name for every ride . . .

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Porsche with the triple exhaust, seats soft like a midgets cough

thats v soft btw

did a kevin-type ride today, just kinda steady state tempo the whole time for fun

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Porsche with the triple exhaust, seats soft like a midgets cough

thats v soft btw

did a kevin-type ride today, just kinda steady state tempo the whole time for fun

i interpret it as he holds back for one or two segments per ride, depending on the wind.
but i could be interpreting the data incorrectly.....as there are many factors. :D

one thing that always impressed me was the 19+mph rides when the temps are in the mid 30s!
of course @Mountain Bike Mike gets up earlier and rides farther now....
LongA.gif

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i interpret it as he holds back for one or two segments per ride, depending on the wind.
but i could be interpreting the data incorrectly.....as there are many factors. :D

one thing that always impressed me was the 19+mph rides when the temps are in the mid 30s!
of course @Mountain Bike Mike gets up earlier and rides farther now....
View attachment 80440
That is not an unfair assessment. Most rides there is no “going” for a segment and wind is available to anyone. Most people are wind stupid though.

Unless I ride back and forth on River Road, I can’t drop 20’s as easily as in NJ and we just don’t have easy hills like the Sourlands. So aiming towards avg speeds has lost its appeal, like anyone can ride 19 mph averages every day.

I can’t ride tempo and then hit segments over here as they are all taken by group rides, TT people or those fast people that venture down from Lambertville. Hence, if I am going for something, it is an eye bleeding effort and I just don’t have a lot of those in me.

Top Bottom