RESULTS! Bagels & Bacon Short Track #2

Probably almost no conflict...Those Branch Brooks aren't even good for upgrade points. Look close at the vids of the ST, everyone is having a ball. Nobody got hurt or had attitude...Fun!!

-Step up on soap box now
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that with the exception of the few that are working Saturdays most of us would prefer to race all mtb races on Saturday. (Even H2H)(2nd not so subtle hint) It really sucks having to waste a whole weekend day because if I do anything on Saturday I may be too tired to race well on Sunday. I could probably get away with doing a long ride on Sat for a ST race but for the H2H marathon series it would be suicide. The original reason to have Sunday races was because the bike shops ran the races and they were open on Saturdays. Fast forward to present day, Most shops are out of race promotion. The Sunday races remain...-Step off soap box

In no way do I want anyone to think I'm not happy with the job you guys are doing. You get my vote for promoters of the year. It's working...I'm gonna come no matter what. Pleeezeee, Saturdays??????

"Weekends are for fun, I'll rest while I'm at work"

I also enjoy Saturday races.I like having Sunday to do what I want family or whatever and also It allows me to have some hard earned beers Sat night :)

yes you missed it, you need to go back more then two post to see reasons.

Your lucky you are not waiting for a boat to a new country cause you might of missed that too...:D
n \

You tell him Matt! Damn Bergen County Boys :)

Last edited:
I would prefer sunday just because the ST race is early enough that I can get into work without having to take a day off. Saturdays I have to use my vacation days and they go pretty quick when you race all year. I didn't do any H2H races this year because I didn't feel it was worth giving up all those days so I only hit the longer races where it was worth it IMO. More than likely I am the exception as most people have a normal M-F 9-5 job...

-Jim.

yes you missed it, you need to go back more then two post to see reasons.

Your lucky you are not waiting for a boat to a new country cause you might of missed that too...:D

I would prefer sunday just because the ST race is early enough that I can get into work without having to take a day off. Saturdays I have to use my vacation days and they go pretty quick when you race all year. I didn't do any H2H races this year because I didn't feel it was worth giving up all those days so I only hit the longer races where it was worth it IMO. More than likely I am the exception as most people have a normal M-F 9-5 job...

-Jim.

I actually like to have a mix of Sunday and Saturday races. I breaks thinks up nicely and for those that have to work Sat (you) it allows them to not miss to many races! Im so diplomatic I cant stand it :)

Although your not racing anymore unitl your 40 ? :rolleyes:

I would also prefer Saturdays so I can go ride Sunday. As for course marking can't this be done like one weekend prior to race?

Thats my thought on it also. We all just want to ride our bikes as much as possible. I personally have skipped races I wanted to do because I wanted to go ride long on Saturday and knew I wouldn't be 100% the following day for the race.

Only 1 percent of mtb'ers race. Maybe by trying something new we could bring some new blood in, and in the process make the small core of strong riders stronger than our Root66 and Mass brothers. I don't know about you guys but I'm just about tired of people coming in from elsewhere and winning our races.

+1 for Saturdays! Two main reasons for me. 1) all of the activities of my 3 kids that require travel (soccer & X-country) in the spring and fall are on Sundays, which means if I race, I miss those and my wife is running around like crazy those days. 2) if I have a race on Sunday I want to take it easy on Sat. and I'm always thinking about the race, adjusting the bike, going to bed early, etc. If the race is on Sat. then that's done and I can do whatever I (or we, with my family) want.

BTW, any idea of how long the ST series will be in the spring? Something like 2 races or a few more?

I posted on my training thread that I prefer Sunday races due to religious reasons, which spurred on some conversation. At the time I thought Saturday races would draw a bigger crowd. But I saw the 1st Bagel race (Sat race) not get much play and thought maybe I was wrong. Although it was probably due to other reason as well (i.e. it was the 1st race and needed to prove itself). I'm gonna start a poll and let's see what the people have have say :D

http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24304

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom