Repair and maintenance log?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Anyone keep a log of the work done to their bike? I can’t recall when I last had my suspension serviced. I feel like I should start setting reminders in my calendar for this. Curious how others keep track of repairs and maintenance …or don’t?

Anyone keep a log of the work done to their bike? I can’t recall when I last had my suspension serviced. I feel like I should start setting reminders in my calendar for this. Curious how others keep track of repairs and maintenance …or don’t?

If you own a bike long enough to service the suspension it's time for a new bike.

In all seriousness I have annual tasks (air can, lower leg services), semi annual (check brake pads, lever bleed, chain wear check, top up sealant) and daily checks (lube chain, air tires etc). It becomes a pretty regular flow after a while and you can get a feel when something is getting long in the tooth.

Fwiw I probably have the least amount of down time with my bikes using these general guidelines.

i always thought this would be a worthwhile extension to strava - might even be worth paying for.
you get mileage and hours, you could spec the bike and it could remind you about certain intervals.
Shop integration would be cool too.
Could be a selling point like carfax.

i always thought this would be a worthwhile extension to strava - might even be worth paying for.
you get mileage and hours, you could spec the bike and it could remind you about certain intervals.
Shop integration would be cool too.
Could be a selling point like carfax.

They have a version of that already. I think it's desktop only.

Screenshot_20230706-232945.png

I use the gear list on strava and the notes for the date/milage of Las service. Garmin connect shows hours iirc if you prefer to use that

its weird they don't have hours. that may be in veloviewer.
So it wouldn't be a stretch to add service logs, and critical intervals.

hours are in veloviewer.

i sometime wonder if the people at strava are riders and actually use their app. there are some features that are painfully obvious and would be easy to implement that just arent there. the maintenance/log book for gear is clunky and not easy to get to and only available from a desktop.

The app you need is called pro-bike garage.
It gets it's data from your Strava account and can track hours, miles or days.
It has maintenance intervals for many popular components or you can create your own.
You can also group components together, like a tire/rim/rotor if you swap parts between bikes.
Screenshot_20230707_064719_ProBikeGarage.jpg
Screenshot_20230707_064636_ProBikeGarage.jpg

Last edited:
It has maintenance intervals for many popular components or you can create your own.
You can also group components together, like a tire/rim/rotor if you swap parts between bikes.
will give a try...thanks!

View attachment 217401View attachment 217402
Yes! This is perfect. Thank you.

Much better than my method, which is wait until shit stops working then replace or repair it.

.xls for me. I track all the basics so can keep on top of it, especially stuff like tire sealant and suspension service. It always seems like I "just did that" but in actuality it's much longer than I remember.

View attachment 217401View attachment 217402
I use Dialed In, but it's only for suspension. This looks interesting, gonna check it out.

Back
Top Bottom