Recommendations on Las Vegas Riding

krink

Eddie Munster
I'm travelling to Las Vegas in January, does anyone have experience with LV riding areas? Are there any don't miss trails?

I think this starts from the parking lot of the bike shop that rents bikes. I think...
Yup saw that, looks like the first mile or so is pavement. You usually rent at location rather than travelling with your bike?

If you have the means, St George is only two hours away for some of the best riding in the country.

Yup saw that, looks like the first mile or so is pavement.

I was in Vegas with my wife a few years ago. She was there for a conference, and I was a tagalong. We didn't rent a car, so I uber'd from the strip to All Mountain Cyclery each day. I did a three day rental, and they kept the bike in the shop for me. It's a short ride on pavement, and a decent amount of good trails. I'd recommend it if you are in the area and don't have more time. Someone on strava that I kinda know told me to "Hit Cowboy Trails on the West Side of LV in Red Rock Canyon." He travels a lot and knows lots of trails, so it might be worth looking into. I didn't have a car, so I stuck to Bootleg Canyon due to convenience.

If you have the means, St George is only two hours away for some of the best riding in the country.

I was in Vegas another time a few years ago for a conference, and a coworker and I drove out to Hurricane for a week afterwards. The amount and quality of trail in Hurricane/St George was amazing. We didn't even get to ride Gooseberry Mesa because there was still snow/mud, but it didn't matter. Will do again.

I may have to extend the trip, I've heard of Gooseberry Mesa, never knew where it was. Thanks!

Definitely worth it. I rented from Over the Edge and would highly recommend them.

If I fly, I rent a bike.

Always. The first time I went out west for a conference I shipped my bike. Would never do again.

I was in Vegas with my wife a few years ago. She was there for a conference, and I was a tagalong. We didn't rent a car, so I uber'd from the strip to All Mountain Cyclery each day. I did a three day rental, and they kept the bike in the shop for me. It's a short ride on pavement, and a decent amount of good trails. I'd recommend it if you are in the area and don't have more time. Someone on strava that I kinda know told me to "Hit Cowboy Trails on the West Side of LV in Red Rock Canyon." He travels a lot and knows lots of trails, so it might be worth looking into. I didn't have a car, so I stuck to Bootleg Canyon due to convenience.

I was in Vegas another time a few years ago for a conference, and a coworker and I drove out to Hurricane for a week afterwards. The amount and quality of trail in Hurricane/St George was amazing. We didn't even get to ride Gooseberry Mesa because there was still snow/mud, but it didn't matter. Will do again.

Definitely worth it. I rented from Over the Edge and would highly recommend them.

Always. The first time I went out west for a conference I shipped my bike. Would never do again.
Thanks for the great information! Already added 2 days onto the trip and a car, I've got to head to Hurricane. One question, is bootleg canyon worth taking a 3rd day way from Hurricane to stay local to LV? Trying to determine hotel nights.

Back
Top Bottom