Recommendations for siding and windows

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anybody got recommendations? I’m in hunterdon county.
I hate dealing with pushy sales people and have already cut 1 estimate appointment short because the guy was douche.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For siding

This is my most honest answer, replacement windows are super easy, your house will have standard sizes. The ideal thing is to do windows yourself first. You could easily do first floor in one weekend and I'm being generous. When shopping for replacements look for thinest profile frame to maintain light size. Andersen 400 series are good start.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don’t have specific recommendations for ya, but if you’re gonna replace the windows, don’t put shitty ones on. Anderson 400’s like Matty said, we used Pella Pro-Line (IIRC). Make sure they’re double pane, w/some type of thermal barrier property.
They’re not hard to do, depending on the sizes.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For siding

This is my most honest answer, replacement windows are super easy, your house will have standard sizes. The ideal thing is to do windows yourself first. You could easily do first floor in one weekend and I'm being generous. When shopping for replacements look for thinest profile frame to maintain light size. Andersen 400 series are good start.

We used these guys for our new roof last fall. It’s currently raining and I’m not wet.

That’s all I got.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
my brother used castle windows because they had custom vinyl inserts for his 100+ yo home.
just in case you want to go that way. No replacing molding and repainting.....

Last edited:

xc62701

We have used NJ siding and windows. They are fairly priced for quality windows and will warranty screens and windows even if it’s our fault. I laughed when the salesman said that. I even asked - so I break a window with a ball and you’ll replace it? The answer was yes.

moose35

my brother used castle windows because they had custom vinyl inserts for his 100+ yo home.
just in case you want to go that way. No replacing molding and repainting.....
In my alarm installation days Castle are honestly the best built windows I've seen. They aren't that thin flexy garbage most other companies are putting out

THATmanMANNY

That’s all we got?

Make any headway/research @jShort ?

Considering siding after master bath (bath, hopefully next year). Neighbor with good insulation and vinyl siding consistently pays like 30-50% less energy bill then us.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That’s all we got?

Make any headway/research @jShort ?

Considering siding after master bath (bath, hopefully next year). Neighbor with good insulation and vinyl siding consistently pays like 30-50% less energy bill then us.
@rick81721 was right. If I need Windows and siding that bad I may as well entertain moving to a newer house. The prices are astronomical. For all new windows and siding you’re 80kish.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'd love to be a fly on a wall when @jShort kicks out a sales person.
I’m polite. I just say sorry, we’re not prepared to spend that at this time. And basically repeat that 7-10 times until they leave. But always nice!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I’m polite. I just say sorry, we’re not prepared to spend that at this time. And basically repeat that 7-10 times until they leave. But always nice!
i sometimes think im polite but it comes across differently, i imagine you are the same in that sense lol

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i sometimes think im polite but it comes across differently, i imagine you are the same in that sense lol
Bidness is bidness. Salesman take that shit personally though. Like, they think they nailed it, and then you deny them.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
@rick81721 was right. If I need Windows and siding that bad I may as well entertain moving to a newer house. The prices are astronomical. For all new windows and siding you’re 80kish.
Jesu Christe it’s up that high?

We need a kitchen refresh, but figure we should do the windows and siding first, because why finish a kitchen to have nail pops happen.

Screw it. Everything is staying the same until the floods come.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Salesman take that shit personally though.

They actually rarely do. But it's part of their schtick to pretend you guys were friends. I talk to sales guys like every day, and most of them just care about when they can go to the gym or to the bar. The rest of the day is just filler for them.

THATmanMANNY

about like 5 yrs ago we got our roof replaced. Also got a quote for siding it was maybe $20k at the time…

Did you try to get a quote from Markey (Manville NJ)

Top Bottom