Reba Race Lockout

syncroscat

I've primarily done all of my mountain bike riding on a rigid bike and finally splurged on a luxury item. I bought a Reba Race shock and it has a lever that you put on your handlebars to lockout the fork. Since I'm so used to riding without a shock, I generally keep it locked out and unlock it only for a serious downhill. I like the fork, but find that I am way more daring and less carefull about picking my line now on the downhills. I actually caught myself not even looking at the trail last night while on a downhill. Normally, I'm really focused. I'll lock it and unlock it several times during a ride. It's just like another shifter to me. Do you all lock and unlock your forks while you are riding? Should I keep it unlocked when going through rock gardens as well? Thanks.

when i had my reba race (before the lockout broke) i would keep mine unlocked almost all the time. the only time it was locked was when i was about to take on a long not necessarily techincal climb. like a fireroad.

My karate monkey came with a reba and a remote lock out. On the SS I like it when im out of the saddle and climbing. I used it a bunch during the SSAP race. Doubt it made me any faster, but it was nice not having the front bobing while I was climbing.

i dont have the switch on my bars, but i reach down and use the lockout. i find it helps.

I don't think I've ever touched the lockout on my fork, I keep it open all the time. Proper pedaling technique doesn't make the fork bob young grasshoppah:D

-Jim.

I don't think I've ever touched the lockout on my fork, I keep it open all the time. Proper pedaling technique doesn't make the fork bob young grasshoppah:D

-Jim.

Agreed, I almost never use the lockout on my geared paragon other than while road riding. But when standing on the SS, I think its nice. I would have never bought one though, it just happed to be on my bike when I got.

I switched out the handlebar mount for a lever and disabled the spring in the damper allowing me to usual partial, full or no lockout depending on conditions. It is actually not a lockout, rather a floodgate and can be adjusted similar to a fox propedal rear shock. Just adds one more aspect to tuning. Many pros open the gate 80% and use the handlebar lockout to activate dampening. So now you have + and - air pressures, floodgate, and rebound.

Back
Top Bottom