Ray's indoor bike park...

T

triameleon

Is this part of the future of Mountain biking?? I know a few here have been. I have been there several times, just thought I would open a disscussion about Rays. it's about 6.5 hours out there about as far as a trip to vermont but entry fees are much cheaper than a lift ticket. there is a little something for every rider it not all bmx style jumps. So is any one here planning on going??

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
triameleon said:
Is this part of the future of Mountain biking?? I know a few here have been. I have been there several times, just thought I would open a disscussion about Rays. it's about 6.5 hours out there about as far as a trip to vermont but entry fees are much cheaper than a lift ticket. there is a little something for every rider it not all bmx style jumps. So is any one here planning on going??

I love the idea and if I had the $ I would open Jay's indoor bike park in NJ. Right now, it's Jay's backyard bike ramp. :D

T

triameleon

funny you would mention that...

funny you would mention that. Last time I was at Ray's he said there was someone from NJ that was interested in starting one around here somewhere. Don't know if its possible in this state, but there are skate parks. So we will see.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
triameleon said:
funny you would mention that. Last time I was at Ray's he said there was someone from NJ that was interested in starting one around here somewhere. Don't know if its possible in this state, but there are skate parks. So we will see.

I doubt it but maybe he's talking about me. I never contacted him but I did talk to quite a few people including shops about the idea.

T

triameleon

Ray said....

Ray said this person showed up to ride and would return with a friend to further check out the park, perhaps an investor? Don't know just unsubstantiated rumors at this point, but one can dream. Until then I will drive to rays on ocassion with a friend. Cheaper than a trip to VT to ski and the weather inside the park is always good ;-)

N

njalex

point

So what's the benefit with the indoor track? One of the reasons I'm into MTB is to be outdoors. Is it just for the jumps or to replace going outside entirely?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
njalex said:
So what's the benefit with the indoor track? One of the reasons I'm into MTB is to be outdoors. Is it just for the jumps or to replace going outside entirely?

Mainly it's a place to ride in the winter.

T

triameleon

advantages...

The main advantage is the weather is generally perfect indoors. Rays is not trying to replace trail riding just supplement it, espeacially when you consider he shuts down when the "outdoor" riding season begins in Cleveland. Rays is less about BMX style jumps and more about a place for trail riders to ride when the weather is bad.

Top Bottom