Rain and trail riding?

MTBiking_RN

Are there...or is there trails that drain overnight well enough to ride the next day or even same day? I never ride after it rains or during rain...but I want to 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Where's this new section? Not sure which is the south dam

They re-routed the trail with all the construction and re-grading.
South dam is down the switchbacks, across the grass in front of the damn.
Do the jeep track along the fence, and it ends in a turn into the new section - which then rejoins on the jeep road near the scout camp pavilion.

Screenshot 2022-10-24 20.36.44.png

Not sure if the original post was about hurting rocks…they do get slicker though, so they can hurt the rider. Just saying…

I thought it was about hurting trails..... idk seemed relevant at the time 🤷‍♂️

E
But there are no trails in WC, just rocks!🤣
Exactly why I asked. I think everything will need a the weekend to dry out. But....I will be tearing up Echo Lake Park in Union County tomorrow. Since they won't let us build trail systems in the my Continentals will have to lay down some packing from New Providence Road to Springfield Ave behind the lake. 💪🚲

E

Exactly why I asked. I think everything will need a the weekend to dry out. But....I will be tearing up Echo Lake Park in Union County tomorrow. Since they won't let us build trail systems in the my Continentals will have to lay down some packing from New Providence Road to Springfield Ave behind the lake. 💪🚲

Don't get ahead of ur skis on a public forum.
DENNIS MVIMG_20191216_132627-01.jpg

If near Philly, the Wissahickon has always drained really well - at least the original trails do. Not as sure about some of the more recent re-routes. On the downside, the schist gets all over your bike and will accelerate drivetrain wear.

They re-routed the trail with all the construction and re-grading.
South dam is down the switchbacks, across the grass in front of the damn.
Do the jeep track along the fence, and it ends in a turn into the new section - which then rejoins on the jeep road near the scout camp pavilion.

View attachment 198976
Jeez, I haven't ridden Round Valley in over a decade. I probably don't even recognize the place anymore.

Back
Top Bottom