Race Face Turbine Cranks

Mare

I got a Beargrease fat bike and want to upgrade a few things on it. I am trying to find Race Face Turbine cranks (sold out everywhere), but I'll post them here as wanted just in case anyone has any leads, or suggestions on what else might work!

The ones I am looking for: 170mm, UPC CK18TUR190A170BLK

A set I found that look the same to me, but have a different UPC: CK19TUR136ARM170BLK, at Universal Cycles. What's the difference?

Or anyone have recommendations on another crankset?

Thanks!

I got a Beargrease fat bike and want to upgrade a few things on it. I am trying to find Race Face Turbine cranks (sold out everywhere), but I'll post them here as wanted just in case anyone has any leads, or suggestions on what else might work!

The ones I am looking for: 170mm, UPC CK18TUR190A170BLK

A set I found that look the same to me, but have a different UPC: CK19TUR136ARM170BLK, at Universal Cycles. What's the difference?

Or anyone have recommendations on another crankset?

Thanks!
Second one is not for a fat bike. 136mm spindle length.

But, you could find someone with a spare fat bike spindle that wants to swap just the spindle, the cranks are exactly the same. Not sure how available is the spindle itself but it's $80 new, like everything else these days $$$ and not in stock. What spindle length do you need? If you need a 169mm I may have one (according to @jimvreeland it should fit but I had to get a 189mm for my Mukluk instead)...

Fat Bike Spindle is 151mm or greater. I'm running a 149 right now.
Are you're talking SRAM sizes ? maybe different from RaceFace AKA Peasants) sizes...if they're the same, you would be running your chain at least 20mm closer to the tire than my Mukluk, no wonder it rubs...how is it even possible with a 100mm BB shell?!?!

Are you're talking SRAM sizes ? maybe different from RaceFace AKA Peasants) sizes...if they're the same, you would be running your chain at least 20mm closer to the tire than my Mukluk, no wonder it rubs...how is it even possible with a 100mm BB shell?!?!
Pretty sure he explained in another thread how he got it to work.

Raceface 149mm. It only rubs the tire because I'm running 100mm rims with 5" tires. I have like 20mm clearance between my crank arm and stays.

Raceface 149mm. It only rubs the tire because I'm running 100mm rims with 5" tires. I have like 20mm clearance between my crank arm and stays.
What cranks are you running? We're talking different frames as mine is a 2018 Mukluk but with Next SL even the 169mm was too close to comfort...you gave me grief for that! Is the Dillinger 5 larger than the HUDU 4.8? I thought they were 4.8 as well. How much does the larger rim translate in width at the tie wall effectively?

Ignite.

The 100mm rim brings the tire out probably 25-30mm extra. The Hudu on 100mm is seriously like 50mm wider. The 80s pinch the tire and make it super tall, not wide.

Ignite.

The 100mm rim brings the tire out probably 25-30mm extra. The Hudu on 100mm is seriously like 50mm wider. The 80s pinch the tire and make it super tall, not wide.
Ah, those cranks are seriously pointing outward going to the pedal end, I think more so than most regular cranks, definitely more than the RF SL which are designed to get the lowest Q-Factor possible (which in turn may or may not rub on the chain stays). Going back to the question of the OP she will have at least to go with 169mm from RF with Turbine cranks.

My Quarq has the lowest Q-Factor of any Fat Crank. You can't run the pedal covers because they rub the frame 😂

But, you could find someone with a spare fat bike spindle that wants to swap just the spindle, the cranks are exactly the same. Not sure how available is the spindle itself but it's $80 new, like everything else these days $$$ and not in stock. What spindle length do you need? If you need a 169mm I may have one (according to @jimvreeland it should fit but I had to get a 189mm for my Mukluk instead)...
I have no idea what spindle I need 😃 I’ll try to find out though and thank you for possibly having one!

First, what bottom bracket is on the bike now? The turbine needs a 30 mm BB, if untouchable have a 24mm it won’t work so you either buy a new BB or find a crank with 24mm spindle. Then you need to determine the length of the spindle. Can you post a few pictures of the current setup, it would identify what needs to be sourced.

I do have a spare new 169mm 30mm spindle that I could not fit on my 2018 Mukluk, we can swap it for your 136mm if that fits your bike. Just make sure to source the BB for it as I don't think it will fit the stock one and the cranks you have your eyes on don't include the BB.

I do have a spare new 169mm 30mm spindle that I could not fit on my 2018 Mukluk, we can swap it for your 136mm if that fits your bike. Just make sure to source the BB for it as I don't think it will fit the stock one and the cranks you have your eyes on don't include the BB.
Ok. Let me look into this. What that really means is let me come back here with all my questions after looking at the gibberish on the race face website and tell me if it will work please 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom