Question on rim/tire upgrade hardtail

OR_rob

hey guys, quick question for you. i have an 09 jamis durango 3 it has alex dp17 rims and kenda komodo tires..i would like to upgrade for 3-400 bucks for both. can i get something decent or just wait...or should i just build custom wheels little by little...thoughts... also this will prob be a noob question..r the co2 pumps reusable or disposable or should i just buy a reg pump for rides???....

hey guys, quick question for you. i have an 09 jamis durango 3 it has alex dp17 rims and kenda komodo tires..i would like to upgrade for 3-400 bucks for both. can i get something decent or just wait...or should i just build custom wheels little by little...thoughts... also this will prob be a noob question..r the co2 pumps reusable or disposable or should i just buy a reg pump for rides???....
you really cant build up custom wheels "little by little"
also, a really nice set of stans factory wheels isn't too much more than your budget and is well worth it.
scour ebay and find deals on lightly used or take-off wheelsets from new bikes. This is where you'll find great wheels for 1/2 the price of new.
Tires you can (and should)upgrade to now, and do a ghetto tubeless conversion.

the CO2 cartridges, depending on size, are basically a one-time use and great for races where speed is everything, but for everyday riding, I still carry a mini pump every time I hit to trails.

I've had this very wheelset, no problems and two of my buddies are still running them. You'll have the best success with UST tires (refers to the tire bead seat design). Not a bad set at the price, but if you keep your eyes open you could score a Stan's set for not too much more. But overall, tubeless good!!!

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Produc...&catargetid=1572651402&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla

I have a pump and CO2's. Depends on how bad the mosquitos are! CO2 can sometimes help get a tubeless tire seated easier than a pump. Sometimes.

I'm a buddy of XDave, and I endorse these wheels (Crosstrails).

Strong, light(ish), great hubs and tubeless ready. Bam.
They are a nice upgrade from stock wheels.

Reading your question about the CO2, the pumps/inflaters themselves are reusable, the cartridges themselves are single use.
They are a real nice option to have, but a good minipump isn't a bad thing to carry too.
Think belt *and* suspenders.

Back
Top Bottom