question for you endurance riders

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
How the hell do you train? It's been a while since I've been riding heavily and when I did, I could last maybe two or three hours with a few rest stops along the way. NOW I'm stopping every 300 yards to let me legs rest! I know that it will pass as it did when I first started riding years ago but I don't remember it being so difficult. I can only imagine what endurance riders have to go through.

An example... 24 Hr. Allamuchy race, team of 4 ppl; How does that break down for each rider? 1 Loop then rest while the other three riders go? 2 Loops? etc. How long is the loop?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
How the hell do you train? It's been a while since I've been riding heavily and when I did, I could last maybe two or three hours with a few rest stops along the way. NOW I'm stopping every 300 yards to let me legs rest! I know that it will pass as it did when I first started riding years ago but I don't remember it being so difficult. I can only imagine what endurance riders have to go through.

An example... 24 Hr. Allamuchy race, team of 4 ppl; How does that break down for each rider? 1 Loop then rest while the other three riders go? 2 Loops? etc. How long is the loop?
Just do lots of JRA for a base and then add some intensity as the get closer to the race season. Make sure you are earing enough on rides and drinking too as you need water to digest.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just do lots of JRA for a base and then add some intensity as the get closer to the race season. Make sure you are earing enough on rides and drinking too as you need water to digest.
Dude... the OP was from October 2004.... He's been JRA'ing for over 15 years at this point.....

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OG Jason did a solid 4-5 hour ride with me from Dickerson Mine to Wildcat and back a few years ago.

LukeW

Funny thing is the OP from 2004 is alive and well on here. “Last seen 46 minutes ago”

LukeW

By the way, with all these old threads being dug up, does anyone know what the first ever mtbnj forum post was?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
By the way, with all these old threads being dug up, does anyone know what the first ever mtbnj forum post was?

thread 1 & 2 are gone...this is the oldest post.

Top Bottom