Quebecois in NYC

Sylvain

Hi,

I recently moved to NYC, and originally from Quebec. I've been trying different places around new york, new jersey and connecticut (Sprain ridge, Blue Mountain, Jungle Habitat, Lippman Park, Mianus River). I would like to find a place with flow style trail, jumps line, all mountain or "light" freeride type (no 10 foot drops but 3-4 is fine). I don't mind climbing, as long as their is a reward at the end.

Any suggestion within around 2 hours of NYC?

Thank you

Hi,

I recently moved to NYC, and originally from Quebec. I've been trying different places around new york, new jersey and connecticut (Sprain ridge, Blue Mountain, Jungle Habitat, Lippman Park, Mianus River). I would like to find a place with flow style trail, jumps line, all mountain or "light" freeride type (no 10 foot drops but 3-4 is fine). I don't mind climbing, as long as their is a reward at the end.

Any suggestion within around 2 hours of NYC?

Thank you

Welcome!

Where in Quebec were you? We have someone on the site who was looking for MTB options in QC. Are there any?

In quebec, you have to check :

For fast flowy trail riding (My top 3):
-Vallée Bras du Nord
-Mont tremblant
-Energie CMB in trois-rivieres (my hometown)

Not in quebec but close :
Kingdom Trails in northern Vermont.

For DH / Freeride:

Bromont
Mont-St-Anne

For technical slow rocky rooty XC (not my cup of tea)
-
Parc de la Gorge de Coaticook

Plenty of options in Quebec, depends where in Quebec (its huge...) and what type of riding.

They are going to Quebesc City, thus my QC above (which I'm sure you missed).

We go to Tremblant every summer. Maybe this year I'll bring the MTB too.

Near Quebec city :
MSA (Mont-St-Anne) , from worldcup DH to miles and miles of XC riding
Vallée Bras du Nord, becoming the kingdom trail of Quebec

I so want to go to bromont maybe fall this year. Mountain creek will fill the bill close. Plattekill is an all natural terrain and areas first east coast free ride park. Sounds like you need to go half way home to get your trill on which is Highlands in New Hampshire. What's bad is all are pay to ride. You will need to adjust more to the x/c flavor and put miles in. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of tech to keep you awake.

Back
Top Bottom