Pro moves

ebarker9

I listened to the Downtime podcast with Neko about this whole program and found it really interesting. He makes it pretty clear that his goal is not to start producing frames, but doesn't rule out the idea of a limited batch at some point in the future. Pretty sure he could sell quite a few on the east coast.

Ian F

I listened to that podcast as well and agree - especially to those of us old enough to know and have raced with FTW. I doubt we'll see anything regarding a run of frames until the end of this year at the earliest.

It was very interesting to hear him speak so openly about what it costs to run the program.

Now I need to decide if I want to fork out for the Snowshoe World Cup event again at the end of July...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Now I need to decide if I want to fork out for the Snowshoe World Cup event again at the end of July...
I would say I enjoyed snoeshoe more than MSA, but I think I'm headed to MSA this summer so the wife and daughter can enjoy quebec.

ebarker9

Looking forward to that.

For anyone interested in the nerdy details, balancemtbsuspension on Instagram has done a linkage analysis on the bike, which is apparently also available in the Linkage software. Might check it out at some point.

Ian F

Laurie and Hoffman joining don't surprise me, but Trek not working harder to keep Goldstone was unexpected, as-is the Syndicate bumping the roster up to 4 riders. Could be they are hedging bets on Minnaar retiring in a year or two.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
The hype on goldstone is big. Might be making real pro money since some think he may dominate in the years ahead.

Honestly being a short guy I love laurie but overall I care more about where dak lands than any of these guys, luca included. For what its worth I could not buy a hello from luca at snoeshoe whereas dak we talked to each day for like 20 min. Super cool and down to earth, even after he flatted.

I had no idea forbidden was getting into the world cup game btw. I keep seeing them as more a guerilla gravity type company than a santa cruz company.

Ian F

Well, one more big team announced their 2022 plans:
Cool to see Katy back on a factory team. Also cool to see one of the bigger teams with three women on the roster.
I haven't really followed Forbidden frames, but more options isn't a bad thing.
I agree the hype on Goldstone is huge, even going into the junior category. That he was able to live up to that hype is impressive.
Also sounds like Tuhoto-Ariki will be joining a bigger team this year, which should be cool.

Ian F

Bernard Kerr posted an LSD video today with Laurie Greenland riding a V10. Kinda cool how he waited until the team news broke to post:

Ian F

Btw pretty sure you called Nina on the Syndicate a year or two ago.
It was somewhat surprising it didn't happen last year, but after hearing how early in 2021 Neko started organizing his program, it makes sense now. She was probably already committed to what she was doing last year when it became known Loris was leaving and the team had an opening.

Oh... and it amuses me I posted that video with Kerr and Greenland here before Pinkbike did. :cool:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Oh... and it amuses me I posted that video with Kerr and Greenland here before Pinkbike did. :cool:
We're nerds for this. I called neko going solo (in some manner).

Anyway i figure luca will give a few days to make his announcement. And fingers crossed dak can get on a proper team.

Giving my transition TR500 to my son for his bday. Getting a new shock coil, rebuilding the fox 40 and bleeding the saints so it'll feel like new. Also giving him my stumpy so he has a proper trail bike. That means new bike for me -- one bike for trails and creek. Thinking 150-160mm, air shock, aluminum, mid level spec, good for trails and park. Psyched!

Ian F

That's cool. I've been happy with my Megatower for mostly park and occasional trail riding or enduro, so I think 160mm is a good travel amount. And I run a 160mm fork (Helm 1), which is less than currently popular, but the shorter travel somewhat keeps the already long wheelbase somewhat in check. Mine is a large size frame, which plays into the choices as well. I like the L because it's a stable as a rock through rough stuff and in the air on jumps and since it's primarily a park bike, I'll take the trade off for being a bit truck-ish when riding tight XC trails. I'm a "cusp" size where I could easily ride a M or a L in many bike brands.

While I "want" another DH bike like Neko's FTW or a Tora BMW, I don't see myself racing again so I'm not really sure how much I'd ride one.

Ian F

And in other XC news, Loana Lecomte to Canyon "Cllctv" XC team.

It's interesting how Canyon has a "factory" team as well as affiliate teams like FMD and Emily Batty's program.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Nice to see Leona make a few bucks. I love seeing the European frames on the XC world cup circuit that you never see anywhere else, but if their rider wins then you know it's just a matter of time before they get dropped for a global brand.

Ian F

True. That definitely seems to be the case on the XC side of racing.

In more news, David Trummer signed a 3 years deal with Moondraker. Good to see he found a solid ride after YT took a break.

Still no news about Luca Shaw...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
And in other XC news, Loana Lecomte to Canyon "Cllctv" XC team.

It's interesting how Canyon has a "factory" team as well as affiliate teams like FMD and Emily Batty's program.
they sell a ton of bikes and make a lot of $ apparently.

Loana was on another level for most of the races this year. It was the first year in recent memory that the races weren’t really interesting because she was so far off the front. It will be interesting to see Moana Mitterwallner move up to Elites. She’s been pretty dominant in U23.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
David Trummer signed a 3 years deal with Moondraker. Good to see he found a solid ride after YT took a break.

Still no news about Luca Shaw...
Promising to see trummer land somewhere so quickly. Fingers crossed this means dak finds a factory team this quickly as well.

BTW we should not be supporting YT after they're canceling their program with no notice for the second time. Fuckers.

Top Bottom