Post your BooBoo's

CR is loose! I did this yesterday on the new loop on the far side of Gilbride. Back and head are 100% fine so could have been much worse.

20200516_150502.jpg
20200516_150444.jpg

I fell into poison ivy this morning at MCP. I always ride with long sleeves and pants regardless of weather so I'm hoping the only exposed skin to possibly touch anything was my wrist. Changed my shirt and scrubbed down with disinfectant wipes when I got back to the car. Changed the rest as soon as I got home, threw everything in the wash and scrubbed down hands and arms some more. Hoping I get out of this unscathed. I'm going to the beach Thurs so if I wind up getting a rash the salt water will take care of it.

What do you wear that's long sleeve/pants light enough for the summer heat?
I got a couple of Russell Athletic shirts from Walmart. The breathable workout type shirts. I also wear long padded biking tights with shorts over them. Light and airy and it keeps the bugs and sticker/poison plants from doing too much damage. I also do most of my riding before 10am. I do yard work in a similar getup all the time regardless of heat. Heat doesn't bother me as long as I have enough to drink.

Took 40yrs to get my first stitches. Landed on my knee on a rock riding Cannonball in Ramapo AND I was wearing knee pads- and now have new ones on order
Ouch! Lucky you actually had pads on, or maybe that is typical for when you ride at Ramapo. Heal up quick!

Do you have a condition where you bruise easier then others? I mean thats as bad as they come. It looks like a gorilla tossed you around for a while. Heal up its too nice out to be injured.

Not easier, but it usually takes much longer for me to heal. I think it may be from being put on Metoprolol for SVT's. This healed up in a week (mostly).

Thankfully, it wasn't painful and I haven't stopped riding. This was from a 2 mph OTB.

Back
Top Bottom