Post Your Bird / Stats...

we've got a 22-pounder on tap today. What'chu got?
View attachment 43887

Happy thanksgiving mtbnj!
what's the stray potato doing there? No love for yams?
I'm the only big meat eater in the family so a bird over ten pounds is rare. My inlaws will do a duck today. For a while the tradition was a turducken, but it take too much time to prep with the 3 birds and 3 stuffings. The stuffing take a lot longer to make than expected. Happy turkey or other bird day to everyone.

23 lb free range brined turkey from Griggstown farm
15043869_1245731295496944_4260240870504136704_n.jpg

Missed this to get the before shot but will get the after.
We were gonna do the 24 hour slow roast but then I got a call from a frantic wife that the oven STB! No panic go to a box store and now panic because no inventory must order.

Off to PC Richards buy a floor model and get it home and hooked up. Burn it in and now ready to go. Oven has convection roasting so read up and looks like I can go for a ride and still have time to roast turkey, damn winning right there.

Our turkey was walking the earth just Monday, beautiful 22lb free range from Ashley's Farm. We have a 24 count on guest. We also have 13 lb ham going also.

Pics are a coming.

Missed this to get the before shot but will get the after.
We were gonna do the 24 hour slow roast but then I got a call from a frantic wife that the oven STB! No panic go to a box store and now panic because no inventory must order.

Off to PC Richards buy a floor model and get it home and hooked up. Burn it in and now ready to go. Oven has convection roasting so read up and looks like I can go for a ride and still have time to roast turkey, damn winning right there.

Our turkey was walking the earth just Monday, beautiful 22lb free range from Ashley's Farm. We have a 24 count on guest. We also have 13 lb ham going also.

Pics are a coming.
that happened to me a few years ago, and of all days a family gathering. I had one of those computerized Thermador ovens, it decided mid way that it wanted to throw an error code. luckily my inlaws at the time were nearby and the party rolled over there. That sounds like a fine bird

she looks very uncomfortable.

20 lbs - expecting 10 for dinner, uncle has a heart attack, had a stent installed. all good (he's a tough bugger).
but family can't make the trip across Florida. got some serious sammiches for tomorrow!

IMG_5610.JPG

Back
Top Bottom