Post a picture of your next bike part or mtb gear on order!

Carbon curly bars for my super six evo Se
Lauf Smoothie 42cm
I would just like to say there are some really inexpensive used parts for sale recently.
$100 shipped for a $290 handle bar
Screenshot_20240311_223132_Chrome~2.jpg

View attachment 234855

You'd think for a bike that costs over $6000 msrp (I got a good sale to be clear lol) Trek would spec their own dropper with a lever that doesn't feel like complete garbage, but then again it's Trek 😆 New dropper lever on the way.

Which trek lever came on yours? The one on my remedy was pretty comparable to the wolf tooth I put on both of my other bikes. (The one I have is matchmaker compatible) the 'old style lever i didn't agree with either if that's what you have

Which trek lever came on yours? The one on my remedy was pretty comparable to the wolf tooth I put on both of my other bikes. (The one I have is matchmaker compatible) the 'old style lever i didn't agree with either if that's what you have
not sure what its called.PNG

Not sure which model but this is the one I have. It's adapted quite poorly to the i-spec EV so it ends up sitting pretty low and requires a lot of throw to get the dropper going.

View attachment 234856

Not sure which model but this is the one I have. It's adapted quite poorly to the i-spec EV so it ends up sitting pretty low and requires a lot of throw to get the dropper going.

looks like the one on my remedy, but it seems like it was designed for sram matchmaker(sits alot closer to the bar on mine), so maybe the adaptation is why. Wolftooth also recommends their light action variant for the bontrager posts just so your aware.

looks like the one on my remedy, but it seems like it was designed for sram matchmaker(sits alot closer to the bar on mine), so maybe the adaptation is why. Wolftooth also recommends their light action variant for the bontrager posts just so your aware.
Ah okay good to know, thanks!

And yeah the adapter definitely seems like a large part of the issue. I'm gonna give the Wolftooth a shot but I might upgrade the post down the line too, we'll see.

I didn't have to, but I've been partial to bar end shifters since the early 80s with my Suntour bar end shifters. I also went back to friction shifting. My Fargo Ti has 9sp Dura Ace bar end shifters.
Thanks I didn't notice in the picture until I went back and looked at it........

What would be best for a dropper post:

a) 31.6x200 for $279
b) 30.9x200 for $159 with a Cane Creek shim
c) none of the above

I know the best answer is C, I just need the second best one...

Back
Top Bottom