Poll does everyone here own earbuda?

Does everyone here own earbuds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
My wife needs to attend on line training at work and was told she could use her earbuds by her boss. My wife and I don't have them. And I think work should reimburse her for at least headphones.

i mean if work requires her to have them then they should pay for them (or provide an acceptable device, most likely a wired set since thats cheaper)

that said it is pretty odd to not have them since every phone iv purchased in the last 15 years has come with a pair.

i can send you a pair of apple Bluetooth earbuds....you'd need a lightning cable to charge the case.

or

me: can you draw a picture of an ear budda

ChatGPT
As an AI text-based model, I'm unable to directly create images. However, I can certainly describe how you might visualize an "Ear Buddha":
Imagine a stylized representation of the Buddha, sitting cross-legged in a meditative posture, with serene facial features and a calm expression. Instead of a traditional head, the Buddha's head is replaced by a large human ear. The ear could be depicted in intricate detail, with the typical ridges and folds seen in human ears. The overall tone of the image would be peaceful and contemplative, reflecting the essence of Buddha, but with the distinctive feature of the ear serving as a symbol of listening, understanding, and mindfulness.

I prefer my Power Beats. I have apple corded headphones I use as well. I did pickup an over the her noise cancelling set recently for $40 on Amazon.

I think its like work boots, you can buy a $50 pair or a $250 pair. The company if they are paying will choose the $50 option. Its all user preference and should be on the cost of the user. If the company wont reimburse, that should be a deductible expense on your taxes?

not earbuds but bone-conducting headphones...what category would you put them in...

How do you like the bom conducting. Been thinking about a set to use at work(not for work) so I don't get surprised by people stopping by my desk

How do you like the bom conducting. Been thinking about a set to use at work(not for work) so I don't get surprised by people stopping by my desk
I have weird-shaped ears/small, so I don't like earbuds. I also have hearing loss, so I'm thinking these are better... I like these - especially when out and about, I can hear my surroundings.

I like the open ear LinkBuds from sony. You can hear what's around you while listening to music/sitting in on meetings and are better than the SHOKZ and other open ear offerings. At work they are great because you can still be engaged with those in the office while listening to remote meetings or whatever. They are also great for cycling as you can hear what is going on around you. Sound quality is good, but not phenomenal... That's not what these are really about though.

If you spend a lot of time on conference calls and need amazing audio, I would recommend this unit. Its excellent.

I have weird-shaped ears/small, so I don't like earbuds. I also have hearing loss, so I'm thinking these are better... I like these - especially when out and about, I can hear my surroundings.
i'm looking into bone conducting for various reasons since i recently learned about them, any recs on ones you liked and/or didn't?

i'm looking into bone conducting for various reasons since i recently learned about them, any recs on ones you liked and/or didn't?
I wasn't sure if I would like them, so I got a cheaper pair off Amazon (I think they were $50). Sound quality isn't the best, but they work for me. I know some (Shokz) are much more but assume the quality is what you pay for.

I wasn't sure if I would like them, so I got a cheaper pair off Amazon (I think they were $50). Sound quality isn't the best, but they work for me. I know some (Shokz) are much more but assume the quality is what you pay for.
A few folks I know who have the Shockwaves or what ever you call them, swear by them.

thanks all, diving in w/ some cheap-o bone conductors from amazon, if they work out well will get better ones when these pieces of crap break

i mean if work requires her to have them then they should pay for them (or provide an acceptable device, most likely a wired set since thats cheaper)

that said it is pretty odd to not have them since every phone iv purchased in the last 15 years has come with a pair.
Work is getting her a pair.

Thanks everyone else, I'll research what's been suggested.

I do have a anker q30 noise canceling headphones. They sound great but they've already broken (the atm) and replaced under warranty

Back
Top Bottom