Pittsburgh

I'm heading to Pittsburgh next week for work. If I don't bring the bike into the shop for a tune-up, is it worth bringing it for some riding?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Yes, Road is the dirty dozen loop and just general riding around the city, crazy steep hills, cobbled roads, one of the steepest paved roads in the world...etc. even if you ride your mtb on the road.

there are a few parks for mtb close by and the wheelhouse to get your indoor sketapark on. Remember dirt rag was there for a long time, so good trails around.

there is a rail trail along the ohio/allegheny river - i grabbed one of their citi-type rentals and explored.
just for something to do. goes by the stadiums.

I'm heading to Pittsburgh next week for work. If I don't bring the bike into the shop for a tune-up, is it worth bringing it for some riding?

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks
A fun way to see the city is the 3 Rivers Trail. It's just a rail trail but nice views of Pittsburgh, while getting an appreciation for it's coal/steel industrial roots.

Frick Park is the best mtbing in Pittsburgh. Somewhat small but well maintained trails with nice flow. Climbs are not too steep, trails well built. There are other places to mtb routside of Pitt but there about 45 min to an hour away. I went to a couple, wasn't really worth it imo.

Last edited:
Don't forget: Stop in Bicycle Heaven!
Give yourself an hour to walk around - if they are open.

1597060730733.png

Back
Top Bottom