Pike air spring

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So my new bike has a 2018 Pike RC fork (150mm). Before my ride today I grabbed my shock pump and hooked it up to the air spring and determined I should put in a couple psi. Well 1 stroke of my shock pump (Bontrager) increased the pressure by about 30 psi. I am thinking this is not normal behavior but this is my first Pike so I really don't know. It was a real pain to get the pressure right where I wanted it. Sag seemed fine at 25% before I left the parking lot and performance during the ride was good. I was just really surprised that one stroke of the pump took the pressure up so much. I am more used to 1 stroke being more like 5psi at most.

Thoughts?

Depends on how many tokens are in your air chamber
I have 3 tokens in there right now. I just tried the same Bontrager shock pump that I was using yesterday and another one I have lying around. Both behaved in a way that I would consider normal. 1 stroke was about 2 psi.

I have no idea what was going on yesterday. Maybe something was affected by the cold temps. :shrug:

almost sounds like the end wasnt screwed all the way onto the valve and you were just inflating the hose on the shock pump :shrug:

almost sounds like the end wasnt screwed all the way onto the valve and you were just inflating the hose on the shock pump :shrug:

That would make sense. I attached/detached the pump 3 or 4 times all with the same result. The pressure gauge jumped up which led me to believe the pump was connected properly but something had to be restricting the air flow.

Back
Top Bottom