Picking up Stephen's on the Budd Lake side?

Robin

I don't have a GPS but I've seen some postings where people are riding near the shore of Budd Lake (near Sandshore) as part of Stephen's State Park.

Two questions - 1) is there a parking spot/trailhead off Budd Lake to access the Stephen's trails and 2) if yes to #1, are the trails marked/blazed?

I live across from the lake and would be great to access the trail system in less than 5 minutes.

I don't have a GPS but I've seen some postings where people are riding near the shore of Budd Lake (near Sandshore) as part of Stephen's State Park.

Two questions - 1) is there a parking spot/trailhead off Budd Lake to access the Stephen's trails and 2) if yes to #1, are the trails marked/blazed?

I live across from the lake and would be great to access the trail system in less than 5 minutes.

1&2) Yes there is a parking lot at the end of station rd with a new kiosk but no info trail is marked green and can get you to white, problem is many intersections and easy to get lost. This is the top of the park so you need to go down to hit the intermed. stuff your acquainted with which has some pretty long climbs back. It would be best for me to show you the best route and I'll bring pedals along:)

1&2) Yes there is a parking lot at the end of station rd with a new kiosk but no info trail is marked green and can get you to white, problem is many intersections and easy to get lost. This is the top of the park so you need to go down to hit the intermed. stuff your acquainted with which has some pretty long climbs back. It would be best for me to show you the best route and I'll bring pedals along:)

Deal! You let me know when you both can ride :D

Kiosk and Trails

There are mulitple access point to Stephens. One parking area is off of Station Street. There is a new kisok at this lot, this was a local Boy Scout Project for the Park. JORBA recently added some information to the kisok (incl a map of the blazed/marked trails). There is a total of 18 miles of blazed/marked trails. Most of the trail sout there are old fire roads, and a little bit of single track.

Once the ATV/Moto use is a little more under control in this section of the Park, more sustainable trails/single track will be constructed (with the approval of the Park).

Hopefully this will help folks out.

Bob W.

if its gonna be an afternoon ride let me know i would like to try and get out there with you guys and girls

Is anyone going to be riding on Sunday 9/20? If yes, I would like to tag along to get a tour of the trails starting from the Budd Lake side (Station Road).

Don't be afraid to explore.... Half the fun is discovering stuff solo... It's a blast!

exploring is fun...but just be aware you could start by alamuchy and end up in budd lake...or hackettstown. be mindful of where you are and where you started.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions