Peter Sagan Appreciation Thread

It definitely seems like Peter is a little off this year. Might be a combination of age, training and other riders starting to follow his formula on how to win the Green jersey - be a sprinter who doesn't get entirely decimated on every climb so you can get the most intermediate sprint points.

Ask and you shall receive
18327CAA-A07A-4226-A256-B7DBB9820083.jpeg

I was doing a social media blackout since I couldn’t watch it live, then I got an email notification on this thread. Thankfully it wasn’t a spoiler.

I do remember reading one of the reasons he's moving to a new team is they are okay with him doing some races on dirt, which could be fun to see. Sagan lining up for a World Cup XCO start would attract some attention.

Apparently, Peter hasn’t received any appreciation in this thread since August 2021.

I read today May 31, that Peter will be competing in the Unbound 100 mile distance on June 4 l, 2022 in Emporia, Kansas along with teammate Daniel #OSS.

I didn’t see this mentioned in the generic pro road racing thread, likely because it pertains to a gravel race.

He’s doing the shorter event, so I’m guessing he’s not racing it, just participating.

Sad times, when Peter's appreciation has moved to casual gravel riding in Kansas.

Apparently, Peter hasn’t received any appreciation in this thread since August 2021.

I read today May 31, that Peter will be competing in the Unbound 100 mile distance on June 4 l, 2022 in Emporia, Kansas along with teammate Daniel #OSS.

I didn’t see this mentioned in the generic pro road racing thread, likely because it pertains to a gravel race.
Only part that really registered was OSS because I thought it was OOS...

Last edited:

Downgraded to gravel races?!

I think he's trying to get his Sagan-ness back. He (despite the 'why so serious' Joker co-opting a few years ago) has become quite serious the past 5 or so years. Part of that was no doubt due to a new family (and subsequent divorce). He's always been affable, but he's been less cavalier of late. I also believe he got a little tamed after crashing badly at the TdF a few years ago.

And he's riding with that Stumpjumper? Weird choice. Figured Spesh would be all in on him using a Diverge at the very least.

I think he's trying to get his Sagan-ness back. He (despite the 'why so serious' Joker co-opting a few years ago) has become quite serious the past 5 or so years. Part of that was no doubt due to a new family (and subsequent divorce). He's always been affable, but he's been less cavalier of late. I also believe he got a little tamed after crashing badly at the TdF a few years ago.

And he's riding with that Stumpjumper? Weird choice. Figured Spesh would be all in on him using a Diverge at the very least.
I don’t think he is riding that at unbound. I don’t think he is done with, just a few bad years like you said. While we have seen some pro riders do gravel, have not quite seen this caliber racer there .

Back
Top Bottom