Parking tips for Allamuchy North?

bergsnj

I'm looking on the map in trailforks and the 2 parking areas that I see look like just street parking at best. Are there any legit parking spots for Allamuchy North? I want to try to hit lumpy bumpy if that makes a difference.

I’ve circled the spots you could consider. To the west it’s dirt road parking. To the south these are dirt lots. To the west it’s a park and ride. Lumpy bumpy is circled near the top.
1577CCCB-6E40-43AD-B574-3A74059B4FFE.jpeg

Greg is correct, but there are a couple of other options.

The closest parking to Lumpy Bumpy is that Parking marker just north of LB on the map. This is a small dirt lot (approx 5 cars) off of Cranberry Ledge Road. Take Route 206 and make a left if heading north / right if heading south onto North Shore Road. Approximately 1 mile up, make the first right onto Cranberry Ledge Road. Follow that for several hundred yards and you will come up onto the small dirt lot. It's a quick 10 minute ride to LB.

Personally, I would park at the Parking marker at the northern tip of the lake (this is the Park n Ride). Take the Sussex Branch trail along Route 206 for a hundred yards or so and as you are about to ride up to a house that sits in-between Route 206 & the Sussex Branch, hang a left on to the Green Trail (Wavin' Willy). This is a super cool trail that gets your legs/lungs warmed up for LB.

Just my $0.02

Have fun!!!

Last time I passed through they had paving equipment all on they lot at the end of cranberry ledge. Best bet is still the park and ride so you have many options of going in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions