OOS MOGA

After a week plus of sadness and loss for my family it sure was great to get out for a decent ride. It was a shame that @TimBay , @GreenMachine , and Max couldn't make it, but was great, as always, to ride with @huffster. Was awesome to get some of the RGMTB crew out riding with us well, as Gene was putting some new product through the Wayway ringer, for an upcoming review on his YT channel. Gene and a few of those guys are Vernon locals like me, and we've been riding together a bit on and off since spring. Always cool to see @Kaleidopete, who gave us some valuable trail condition info, before we headed out. Conditions were better than I expected on the single track, but the double track/woods roads were, for the most part, a sloppy ass eroded mess. Either way, despite temps in the 30's and having to cut some of planned route short due Gene getting a puncture to it was a good day. MTB therapy at its best.

Last edited:
Not sure who else gave it a shot, but I just got back from giving the OOS Wayway ST a shot. Ended up doing the loop in 25:40. It's on Strava, but not Trailforks, so I hope that counts. If not....whatever. it was a lot more fun seeing how fast I could climb Laurel Pond from the Furnace...without having a heart attack....than I thought it would be. Also pushed me to PR Sitting Bear as well. And all on my 27.5 + hardtail. Even though we know they are soooo dead ! ⚰️. So thanks @qclabrat for getting me off my ass and giving me something to push for !

I spent this afternoon riding at Wawayanda. I started off with the OOS short track November edition, although I did not qualify for the full route as I took the long way round and stayed on Little Bear instead of just taking the Wing Trail. This was a good loop @qclabrat, and had a little of everything, and the relentless Sitting Bear was a good yardstick for my OOS'ness. I was pretty tired, but, since I rarely ride at Wawayanda and since it was a relatively warm day, I checked out a bunch of other trails.

Back
Top Bottom