OOS MOGA

@JimN is your man
Where do you do 40m trail rides?
Anyways... Used to do long road rides... 60-100 miles every few months (like 2x a year lol) a couple of years ago. I didn't do them enuff to see any benefit. Was fun... But painful as well.

They are just rail trails or the McDade trail in pa. Some nice sections, but that wears away with the agony. I feel like a road ride on a road/cx/gravel bike would be perfectly fine at those miles, however I do HATE the riding position. But doing high mileage (and averaging 10.5mph) on gravel, dirt, and stone is just extremely hard it seems. Plus there's the whole "oh crap, I have to pedal back to the car. On the same trail." 20 miles seems to be my max for an enjoyable ride so far.

The Indians are back! Found this on the trails behind the high school. Pretty good construction, quite solid.
20200504_121924_Burst01.jpg

20200504_121912_Burst01.jpg

Plus there's the whole "oh crap, I have to pedal back to the car. On the same trail." 20 miles seems to be my max for an enjoyable ride so far.

A long out and back on the rail trail is my definition of purgatory, so I don't have any further advice :p

Ok, just a little more advice. If your goal is to do a long ride, track it in terms of hours and not in terms of mileage. Then you should try a longer ride on some singletrack instead. Yeah it'll be less total mileage, but who cares? Your butt will hurt less if you get it out of the saddle to climb occasionally, and it'll probably be more interesting and less boring. That last part is just my opinion though.

You had 147 for the year in 2019 :D
I stopped using Strava for a large portion of the year
This is why I stopped recording my rides a long time ago because jackhats like to point at your stats to make themselves feel better about themselves.
#nostrava
#nofacebook
#noinstagram
#notwitter
#nosnapchat
#lifeisgood

This is why I stopped recording my rides a long time ago because jackhats like to point at your stats to make themselves feel better about themselves.
#nostrava
#nofacebook
#noinstagram
#notwitter
#nosnapchat
#lifeisgood
Are you calling me a jackhat?

Back
Top Bottom