Online Spin Bike

trivan

Sorry about the multiple posts. Seems when the forum was down, my original post was submitted a few times.

So I have been using spinning classes to up my cardio fitness when I can't ride, and I have been enjoying it.
I found this on kickstarter and thought it was a great idea. I tend to work out in the evenings when all the gyms classes are closed, so this would be good as I normally don't get home till 7pm so riding on weekdays are tough.

http://pelotoncycle.com/

Seriously thinking about getting into it. While its a lot of money, I'm heading into my 2nd shoulder surgery in a few weeks so getting outdoors and really riding will not be possible for at least 6-8 months. :(. Anyone else see these?

Last edited:
Was gonna suggest commuting by bike would step up the cardio. Then read the upcoming surgery. Do what Wally says.

Was gonna suggest commuting by bike would step up the cardio. Then read the upcoming surgery. Do what Wally says.

Will look into the suggestion. Thank you. With just a brief web search it seems there is as much debate over the use of a trainer verse a spin bike as the the benefits of a 27.5 verse a 29er. LoL

You are going to be riding indoors, which sucks regardless of what you are on. Why would you buy a spin bike when you can buy a trainer and actually ride your own bike?

I had my labrum repaired a few years ago but because I was hurt at work I followed the doctors orders to a T. I was off the bike for about 8 months. Search Jim vreelands thread here, his shoulder has about 1,592 screws in it and he was bike on the bike in only a few months.

You are going to be riding indoors, which sucks regardless of what you are on. Why would you buy a spin bike when you can buy a trainer and actually ride your own bike?

I had my labrum repaired a few years ago but because I was hurt at work I followed the doctors orders to a T. I was off the bike for about 8 months. Search Jim vreelands thread here, his shoulder has about 1,592 screws in it and he was bike on the bike in only a few months.

Walter thanks.
This will be my 2nd labrum repair in 3 years and I was out the first time for about 8 months. I'm not looking forward to this. Undecided at this point. There is the wife factor to consider and not having to drag my mtb into the house. She doesn't ride but enjoys different cardio exercises at the gym so this would allow her to use it. I will admit the there is the appearance factor as well as it would be in a common area. So all factors to consider, but all your points are valid. Thanks again.

with both a spin bike and trainer in the basement, i tend towards the trainer! the thing is bullet proof, and quieter, and smoother. then again, the new electronic trainers with the computer interface look damn cool!

it isn't a convenience thing either - i leave my road bike on it in the winter with a trainer tire (ride cx outdoors) - they are in the same room., maybe it is the gel seat :D

gl with the surgery - had mine done 4 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom