OneUP EDC Tool System

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
after losing my seat bag 2-3 times in endurance races, i finally gave up and got one of those backyard research straps to not lose my tube/tools/co2. worth every penny

for me its more about not forgetting something at home, knowing its "in" the bike or mounted to it in a way it's not coming off. plenty of times ive forgotten my multi tool just because, this would help with that for sure

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No, just no. Are people that much of weight weenies that they can’t use a simple seat bag?
There's something to be said for integration, clean lines, and aesthetic. Right?

Ya'll laughed at Camelbak when they invented the hydration bladder. "How hard is it to reach down and grab a water bottle when you're thirsty?"

JDurk

I don’t have one, but appreciate the thought behind it. Sadly the days of the lefty multi tool steerer are dead, right?
The C'dale tool went away when the OPI stem showed up. I had the tool and sold to a fellow team member. Will have to try it on my Scalpel that has the new/old style stem.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
after losing my seat bag 2-3 times in endurance races, i finally gave up and got one of those backyard research straps to not lose my tube/tools/co2. worth every penny

for me its more about not forgetting something at home, knowing its "in" the bike or mounted to it in a way it's not coming off. plenty of times ive forgotten my multi tool just because, this would help with that for sure

^^^This. I have also lost a seat bag and I hate wearing a pack. I have the OneUp EDC tool and it's pretty awesome. Tapping the steerer is no big deal. I get that it's a little intimidating to mess with your $1,000 fork but the process is fool proof. I have the tap kit so let me know if you want to borrow it.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Specialized has a version of this that doesn't require any fork mods or special stem. I had it on my Stumpy. The Oneup seems a lot easier to use though. I'm gonna buy one.

Reactions: Tim

one piece crank

after losing my seat bag 2-3 times in endurance races...

Remember those things called toe clip straps? Double-down and never lose a bag again.

I'm probably carrying more gear than I need to, but I like having my gear in my pack rather than on my bike - wherever I go, my gear goes. I have been giving serious thought to trying a frame bag though...

JDurk

Similar to the Backcounty Research strap, but protected from dirt and waterproof. https://www.speedsleev.com/product/speedsleev-ranger/

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never lost a saddle bag. I should probably ride harder. Or everyone needs to get the one I have with a plastic buckle instead of velcro straps.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i've had the zippers open up, velcro come undone, etc.

surprisingly this happened at both stoopid 50 races in roth rock lol

EDC Tool works great, tool was like $60 and the top cap kit was about $25. Tapping the steerer tube is super simple, it can literally be done in the parking lot before a ride if you know anyone that has the tap kit.
I added the storage capsule, with the plug and pliers kit, and also keep a couple zip ties, and a valve core in it.
If you ride without a pack, its a great option in my opinion.
Haven't had any issues with mine and would purchase again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i've had the zippers open up, velcro come undone, etc.

surprisingly this happened at both stoopid 50 races in roth rock lol

Get that speed sleeve. That won’t fall off. I’ve been using them for 2 years and it’s never even come loose

Top Bottom