on vacation

big cheese

My wife and I will be on vacation from england in august staying in Clementon.
We are mad road cyclists and would like to ask anyone who knows of a decent bike hire place orwhere to buy good quality used bikes.
We are thinking of cycling from atlantic city to cape may down the coast road,would appreciate views on suitability of this road.

I'm not very familiar with cycling the roads in that area, but while you're in Atlantic City stick to the main roads and don't ride at night. It's not a nice place. I won't say it's dangerous, but its not safe either.

Take a look at http://www.njbikemap.com/ for cycling suitability of the roads you're looking at. Also you can try searching garminconnect.com or strava.com in the area to look at loops people have ridden in those areas.

You can take a look at the MS Coast the Coast website. They post their route on there. Look at Day 2, leaving from Tuckerton and it arrives in Cape May. Although we didn't really go through AC, we did go right by it. It's an excellent route...my favorite of the two days. Provides very nice views and its mostly all flat (minus a couple of bridges that you have to get over).

Back
Top Bottom