Old school, basic indoor fluid type trainers

walter

Fourth Party
My friends wife is inquiring about buying him an indoor trainer, this is his first year biking and hes one of the GT Aggressor guys. I see Cyclops is no longer? Did Saris take them over? Any non smart trainer suggestions?

iman29

Saris owns cycleops and still supports them.
This. ^^

FWIW i have a CycleOps Fluid2 since i started taking cycling seriously back about 7-8 years ago never had one problem
With it.

My suggestion for your friend is to look for someone who didn’t use their fluid trainer too much and buy used For now. New mine was close to 300. probably Find someone who barely used one for about $150 cause everyone wants a smart trainer these days.

Basic trainer with a HRM and speed/cadence sensor is all you need for Zwift too.

Also heard decent things about the Kurt Kinetic ones but I have no real
Experience with these.

But Covid pricing may be different now just check around.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
My friends wife is inquiring about buying him an indoor trainer, this is his first year biking and hes one of the GT Aggressor guys. I see Cyclops is no longer? Did Saris take them over? Any non smart trainer suggestions?
Dang, I just gave one away. My guess is that you can find a used one for pennies on the dollar.

iman29

The mag trainers are semi consistent when it comes to resistance in my experience.

But to get started could be a cheap option.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer that has maybe 100 miles of use and an inch of dust on it. Not sure what I can get for it, but I should probably sell it.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a Fluid 2. $50 if you want it. I’ll probably never use it again.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is the deal you want.

And I've found Saris customer support nothing short of fantastic. My old Fluid2 trainer leaked after years of use, they replaced it no issue under warranty. Bike rack had issues, basically sent a whole new rack.

trener1

Saris owned cycleops for a long time, so just decided to phase out the cycleops name but it is one and the same as before.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's

If @walter 's friend's wife is not interested, I'll grab this.

1607203890771.png

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've also got a Cyclops fluid 2 trainer. Hasn't been used in a long time...probably not as nice as @Magic's. Donate any amount of $ to JORBA and it's yours for free. Pickup in Totowa/Wayne area.

Captain Brainstorm

I might be interested. What have you got & what do you want for it?
I’ve got an ancient 1st Gen cyclops fluid that doesn’t work very good anymore.
Its an old Cyclops Wind Trainer. Someone got it, never used it, gave it to me. I never used it either. Its spins perfectly and is tight like a tiger. If you want it, you can have it. Meet me at Ringwood, Wildcat, wherever you ride up north and its yours. Alternatively, I'm sure we can figure out a meet.

Top Bottom